• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

huntman21014

Shooter
    Oct 3, 2010
    Does anyone know who I should contact to find out why my FS thread was deleted? Was it offering to transfer 13 round magazines as rebuild kits?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    "I was offering to sell 13 round magazines as rebuild kits"

I wonder if I can get one of those safe-t-sears out of Shotgun News, too.......

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    "I was offering to sell 13 round magazines as rebuild kits"

I wonder if I can get one of those safe-t-sears out of Shotgun News, too.......

:stupid: could have at least said you were selling magazine rebuild kits, not disassmebled illegal magazines. It's all in the wording :brows:

huntman21014

Shooter
    Oct 3, 2010
    Sorry, didn't know the rules had changed. Last I had checked rebuild kits were alright. I have fixed the ad. Thanks for the info. I did say in the ad they were rebuild kits. I was asking here if that was why btw.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    I thought rebuild kits were considered kosher?

Sorry, didn't know the rules had changed. Last I had checked rebuild kits were alright. I have fixed the ad. Thanks for the info. I did say in the ad they were rebuild kits. I was asking here if that was why btw.

Some people on this site have consistently held rebuild kits are perfectly legal. I find them to be extremely grey, and would actually fall on the, "they're illegal" side of it. People would point to CA and how they can get rebuild kits. Well, CA law had a provision specifically allowing them (which has since changed and rebuild kits are no longer CA legal.) Maryland has no such provision, and I think it would be relatively easy for someone to be found receiving a mag with +10 capacity when they have a rebuild kit sent into the state.

huntman21014

Shooter
    Oct 3, 2010
    Some people on this site have consistently held rebuild kits are perfectly legal. I find them to be extremely grey, and would actually fall on the, "they're illegal" side of it. People would point to CA and how they can get rebuild kits. Well, CA law had a provision specifically allowing them (which has since changed and rebuild kits are no longer CA legal.) Maryland has no such provision, and I think it would be relatively easy for someone to be found receiving a mag with +10 capacity when they have a rebuild kit sent into the state.
    Thanks for the reply, I understand and was just going off past experience. I hadn't looked at the new rules after SB281 and that was my fault.

Feb 28, 2013
    Does anyone know who I should contact to find out why my FS thread was deleted? Was it offering to transfer 13 round magazines as rebuild kits?

Yeah, you simply cannot do that here. That's a line they don't even want to approach. That way the community remains protected.

Although I do think it would be good form if the mod that deleted it would address this himself.

huntman21014

Shooter
    Oct 3, 2010
    Yeah, you simply cannot do that here. That's a line they don't even want to approach. That way the community remains protected.

Although I do think it would be good form if the mod that deleted it would address this himself.
    I mean its my fault that I didn't read the updated rules but a PM that it was deleted and why would have been helpful.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=23020

There will not be notification of the ads being locked or deleted. We simply don't have time to do this day in and day out.

Oh, and I deleted it again since you were once again in violation of forum policies by obliquely offering for sale magazines that are not Maryland compliant.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Marty S.

Latest threads

Top Bottom