• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • henn5849

Aug 29, 2009
    Cecil County, MD
    5u7a9uvy.jpg

In California!

My buddy flew out to California and Walmart shelves are full of ammo..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    local (VA) walmarts have had a lot more ammo also, but unfortunately walmart stopped being the low-price purveyor of ammo.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Actually found Winch. PDX-1 in .45ACP on the shelves at the last WM I stopped at in Va. not that long ago. Was a refreshing sight.

Brikhaus

Jun 7, 2013
    Western Marylandistan
    The local Wally Worlds all have ammo cases that look similar to the one pictured above. However, when looking close, you find that it contains a lot of shotgun ammo, whuch used to be un-cased on the adjacent shelves. My guess is thst they do it so that you will spend at least a little more time in the store/section.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

pilgrim

My brother called me this morning. Just letting me know the racks at the Walmart had NINE AR-15s! and plenty of ammo. Unfortunately this Walmart is in North Carolina. I have only seen the two carousel display, never racks.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    You'll find boatloads of ammo in CT because you have to go through $200 of background checks, fingerprints, and a permit process to buy it. MA is about the same. Welcome to slavery, coming soon to a state near you.

md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.
    In SC over thanksgiving they had plenty of ammo. In the Severn WM they have plenty of shotgun ammo a little 30-06 and thats it. I asked the Manager this week whether or not they were intentionally excluding handgun ammo and she said that the stores (probably Md, didn't clarify) don't even have the ability to order ammo at all. They get what they get.

WheelHead

Head of the wheel
    Dec 6, 2011
    Snow Hill
    I was in the Wal-Mart in Pocomoke on Friday and it looked just like that. Cases of just about everything. I didn't have my gun cash with me or I would have left broke...!

arbrand

Jan 21, 2013
    Eastern Shore
    Easton Walmart has (just guessing) 10 ammo cans 1,200 RDS in each ammo can of 5.56 and 4 ammo cans 1,200 rds 9mm. Along with wwb 20 rd boxes and some other. Pretty expensive though. I think almost $500 an ammo can.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    In SC over thanksgiving they had plenty of ammo. In the Severn WM they have plenty of shotgun ammo a little 30-06 and thats it. I asked the Manager this week whether or not they were intentionally excluding handgun ammo and she said that the stores (probably Md, didn't clarify) don't even have the ability to order ammo at all. They get what they get.

I was at the hanover WM this morning. They had .45 tulammo, white box, and I got the last two 100 rnd boxes of .45 white box. They had a variety of 5.56/223, 9mm tulammo, bunches of .40 and 7.62x39. I waited about 15 minutes, had two different employees have pages for help in sporting goods, and waited another 10. Ultimately, I just called the store and asked to speak to a manager. 3 minutes later the assistant manager was back there opening up the ammo case for me.

It seems like ammo is generally becoming more available. The weird thing is that 9mm started to come back the past couple months, and then just stopped showing up. It's like there's a production lull or something in 9mm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom