• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • duke308

Keeper of the List
    Oct 7, 2008
    Mid Atlantic Region
    Pistolero's

Is there such an animal as a good quality 1911 sized pistol in .45 with only an amib decock lever, with no other safties? I have a Ruger P95DC and want to step up to something with more firepower.

Thanks
    duke308

EngageSmith

Industry Partner
    May 31, 2011
    Kensington, MD
    Ain't no such animal. You can have ambi slide safeties but I've never heard of a 1911 with a decock. It's a single action, you have to decock manually.

Well, there's the Cylinder & Slide Safety Fast Shooting (SFS) system, which is a sort of reverse decocker: http://www.cylinder-slide.com/cond5.shtml

There is also a device invented that turns a 1911 into a sort of H&K P7-type squeeze cocking pistol... I saw one at a gun show in PA, it was VERY strange. It's called the Caraville Arms Double Ace. Scroll down the page some to see it: http://www.m1911.org/seecamp.htm

ETA: BTW, decocking a 1911 (ESPECIALLY a Series 70) and letting the hammer rest on the firing pin is not recommended. Carry on an empty chamber if you want the hammer down, or cocked and locked. Not on half-cock (not designed to be carried that way), or with the hammer down.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    This. The USP .45 in V3 (decocker only on left side of frame) or V4 (decocker only on right side of frame) is another option.

Or you can go the path less traveled, my USP is set up with ambi-controls with the tritium sights and the match trigger, from HK's dahlgren facility on request. :D

Gratuitous pic.
    View attachment 50529

Last edited:

EngageSmith

Industry Partner
    May 31, 2011
    Kensington, MD
    You know, I just realized he asked about an ambi decocker, without a safety. I don't think one exists. The closest thing you're going to find is a decocker-only H&K with the lever on the right side only (if you're a lefty). If you're looking for ambi, you may be able to find some bits on HK-Parts and have it set up for you.

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    Yup - my owners manual for my 1911 states to not manually let down the hammer with your finger, as it will ruin the sear tip, and ruin the trigger pull on the pistol. As stated, if you want the hammer to be down- carry an empty chamber.

If you want something with a decock - dont look at most traditional 1911's.

OH IT'S KINO

Southerner
    Feb 16, 2011
    Ameritopia
    ^ I think he just wants a full sized .45, not a 1911. It's confusing because he asked for a "1911 sized pistol", but I think he just means sized similarily to a 1911 (I'm assuming 5 inch).

As to whether such a gun exists, I don't know.

Winterborn

Moved to Texas
    Aug 19, 2010
    Arlington, TX
    Pistolero's

Is there such an animal as a good quality 1911 sized pistol in .45 with only an amib decock lever, with no other safties? I have a Ruger P95DC and want to step up to something with more firepower.

Thanks
    duke308

My Ruger P90 is .45 caliber, and is as described. No safety, just an ambi-decock lever at the back of the slide.

As you know, Rugers are excellent quality and the P90 is built like a tank. Very easy to field-strip and clean, too.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    You know, I just realized he asked about an ambi decocker, without a safety. I don't think one exists. The closest thing you're going to find is a decocker-only H&K with the lever on the right side only (if you're a lefty). If you're looking for ambi, you may be able to find some bits on HK-Parts and have it set up for you.

Hk has an ambi safty-decocker available on their USP line. My USP 45 Expert in the pic below has the controls on both sides. (clockwise from top left: USP 45 Expert, USP9 LEM w/ Jetfunnel, USP40 v3, Hk4)

9412d1ad.jpg

goneshootin88

Sep 22, 2009
    MOCO
    The CZ 97BD is the only one that comes to mind. I wish HK would put out a HK45 with the decocker in the same position as the p30

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    My little FNH FP-9 has ambi de cockers so I would think the 45 mod would have it . I am not real sure.

The FNP45 does have decockers (ambidextrous at that), but it's a combo safety/decocker setup (like your FNP). OP mentioned that he wanted decocker only.

sixfivesavage

Jun 30, 2011
    Jarrettsville
    Go with the HK...any HK! You won't go back to anything else once you get one! The usp line is about as infinitly modular as you can get and the new hk45 is just as much with "better" ergos. If the usp works for you then you can find them at a good price point and do all the mods yourself.

phidelta308

Jan 4, 2010
    bawlmer, hon!
    Ruger P90 DC. There's a stainless one in the used gun case at On Target for $425.

EDIT:

Just saw that you wanted a 5" barrel. P90 has a 4.5" barrel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom