• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biff_N

Jan 7, 2010
    I am trying to come up with a list of ideas for fun shots that would spark interest and encourage participation. The use of reactive targets and prizes like a beef shoot have come to mind. I would like to have ideas for each discipline if possible (rifle, shotgun, and pistol). I would welcome any suggetions. Thank you.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Steel plates and clay pigeons work for shotguns. Plates and bowling pins for pistols/PCCs. Steel rated for rifle rounds is really fun, too, and speeds things along for any kind of match.

Jim

jashu360

Jun 7, 2011
    Darlington
    what exactly do you mean by beef shoots. I remember my grandfather had a shoot one time. he had 185 acres of farmland and kept a couple cows. when he got to old to really keep up with it any more he sold all the animals off except for one mean tempered bull. he had my uncle put the word out at work and among his friends that for 100 dollars you could participate in the "Country Safari". he ended up with like 15 guys and they all went out and tracked this bull down and the one who killed it got the meat

Biff_N

Jan 7, 2010
    Giving out steaks or a small roast to the top shooter. A turkey could be another option. My objective was to provide a positive experience to new shooters with immediate feedback. I like the reactive targets much better than counting holes in paper when it comes to fun matches.

4570inMD

Western MD Hooligan #007
    Jan 26, 2011
    West Virginia
    For rimfire shooting, it fun to have side-by-side competition with these:

1cepie8av4.jpg

Biff_N

Jan 7, 2010
    They look like fun rolling them across the ground. What are they called and where can they be purchased? Thanks.

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    Thats funny about the meat prizes - it must be a gun club thing. There is a sportman club in my neck of the woods (Casselman Sport Club) that gives away meat for prizes.

Dueling tree's always look like alot of fun. Ive always wanted to try one myself.

Good luck with your match set up - hope you get lots of participants!

4570inMD

Western MD Hooligan #007
    Jan 26, 2011
    West Virginia
    They look like fun rolling them across the ground. What are they called and where can they be purchased? Thanks.

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/vbclassified.php?do=ad&id=35524

"Rimfire Shootn' Jacks(patent pending/registered trademark) are for Rimfire caliber shooting fun. Shoot the targets and they roll over to always have one ear up for shooting without resetting. These have a cool takedown feature with NO welding required, pull apart for transport, assemble for shooting, then back to a flat package to carry home.
    $35 each(plus $5USPS flatrate) or 3 for $100 and I will cover Priority Shipping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkgSxrL_jR8 "

GC
    ======================

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom