• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Looking really wet for tomorrow. How exciting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah...:(
    We're watching the forecast closely...:tap: Why can't tomorrow have today's weather?
    Obviously, our shooters are all tough, rugged individuals who aren't phased by a little rain. Unfortunately, tablets and timers are not. A big consideration is how much turf damage the tractor will do handling the plate rack. I have not been to the range today, but my yard is still a little squishy from last Sunday's rain (that cancelled the AGC C&R 2gun match :tantrum: )

I'll try to get a decision out of her soon. Keep an eye on your email. :fingerscrossed:

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Well...:tap:...so far, it looks like the real rain isn't supposed to happen until around 1pm, so we're going to try it.
    We'll reassess in the morning. We might reduce it down to just two stages (1 and 4, where we can be under cover) and/or run it more as a practice.
    :fingerscrossed:

Anybody who wants to tap out is encouraged to withdraw early. No shame or judgement.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    We managed to get in and out before the real rain! In fact, with some withdrawals and simplified courses, I think we were about finished before noon.

No videos this time, but it wasn't anything unique anyway.

Thanks to everyone who helped make this happen. @holesonpaper kept our squad running, even before we started! It seems that in our hurries to get set up, I did not do my usual morning routine of starting all the timers to check for week batteries. Sure enough, the one for our squad was dead. No worries! I bought my own timer years ago that I've been carrying around as a spare for just such an occasion (and pretty much never used). This was our time to shine! Aaaand that battery was dead, too :facepalm: (when I pulled it after the match, I saw the expiration date on that battery was 12/22 :o). Fortunately, holesonpaper had a spare as well, with a good battery, to keep us going. :party29:

Although it is not on the dpfng.com calendar yet, our next match will be January 28, with registration opening one week before. :fingerscrossed: on the weather.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    signed up
    Excellent! :party29:

Based on the forecast of rain Wed, Thurs, Fri, and even Sunday, I suspect our big Stage 2 is going to be a little mild this time. :( In fact, as we get closer to Sunday, if that part of the forecast doesn't improve...well, we're burn that bridge when we come to it :fingerscrossed:

The ground will probably be too wet for movement, so we will most likely just put a bunch of steel out there to shoot from one position :bigwhoop: (boring, I know). We could spice it up a little with a forced mag change or something.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    Excellent! :party29:

Based on the forecast of rain Wed, Thurs, Fri, and even Sunday, I suspect our big Stage 2 is going to be a little mild this time. :( In fact, as we get closer to Sunday, if that part of the forecast doesn't improve...well, we're burn that bridge when we come to it :fingerscrossed:

The ground will probably be too wet for movement, so we will most likely just put a bunch of steel out there to shoot from one position :bigwhoop: (boring, I know). We could spice it up a little with a forced mag change or something.
    See ya in a week

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Registered shooters should have gotten the email :(. There are enough folks still interested in getting wet that we aren't going to cancel, but we are going to reduce it down to a practice session, most likely just on Stage 1.
    The ground is already saturated and there is a pretty good chance of a lot more rain tonight through tomorrow:
    Screen Shot 2024-01-27 at 10.50.48 PM.png

So it just wouldn't be responsible to try to run the full match. In addition to everyone and everything getting soaked, there are serious concerns about damage that the tractor would do to the terrain hauling the plate rack, and we just can't tear the place up.

Bummer...but we can still have some fun. Stage 1 has a roof and is close to the steel shed. Certainly, we'll all still get wet...but maybe not quite as much. :o

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    Registered shooters should have gotten the email :(. There are enough folks still interested in getting wet that we aren't going to cancel, but we are going to reduce it down to a practice session, most likely just on Stage 1.
    The ground is already saturated and there is a pretty good chance of a lot more rain tonight through tomorrow:
    View attachment 451705
    So it just wouldn't be responsible to try to run the full match. In addition to everyone and everything getting soaked, there are serious concerns about damage that the tractor would do to the terrain hauling the plate rack, and we just can't tear the place up.

Bummer...but we can still have some fun. Stage 1 has a roof and is close to the steel shed. Certainly, we'll all still get wet...but maybe not quite as much. :o
    Good call. I can’t make this one but glad to see the safety of the participants and appropriate use of the property is always in mind.

TD

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    What's that saying, "something-something if the creek don't rise..."
    20240128_080050.jpg

20240128_080706.jpg

The ranges were quite wet, too.
    20240128_080624.jpg

20240128_080846.jpg

So we did a 2 stage (1 and 4, under roofs) practice at a reduced price for the 25 or so shooters who came out.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I'm in. :party29:

After three straight cancellations/reductions due to the weather I'm completely stoked.
    Awesome! We seem to be in last year's weather pattern of only raining on weekeds :wtf: , but...so far this one looks ok :fingerscrossed:

It might still be too wet for movement :rolleye12 , but we've been scheming on some other ideas to spice things up, especially on Stage 2 ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom