• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    With everything that's been happening here in MD recently- the massive turn outs on the 6th and the 1st, and overwhelming opposition to O'Malley's scheme- what do you think the future of 2A issues in Maryland will be like?

It seems to me like a lot of people are starting to wake up, but will it last? Will there be 3,000 people at the next open holster rally? Are people going to stay vocal after this session, or are they just going to high-five each other after this is over and go back to sleep? I suspect we will always be fighting wanna-be dictators and the "save-me-from-myself" sheep & low information voters, but is this a turning point for the 2A in Maryland, or is it a peak?

Thoughts?

Shinny

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    I hope it's the end of the attacks on the 2A but this is Maryland and the politics are well.....we know they're just like Maryland weather. How many times have you shoveled "partly cloudy" off of the driveway? It's just too hard to predict. IMHO

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Well I hope that the many people who have joined in the last few months because of SB281 and what not continue to stick around and introduce new people to the site. If 400 members tell 2 people, that's 800 new members. And if they bring in 2 new people that's 1,600 new members.

I'd definitely like to see something from MSI on this. We have momentum right now. We need to use it to our advantage and expand, rather than let the balloon slowly deflate.

Rockfish

Feb 26, 2013
    I feel like its going to be an uphill battle as long as our current crop of elected officials are in office which hopefully changes. I think its key that we continue to put pressure on these people and remind them who votes them in (and out) of office. I feel like if their jobs are on the line with how they stand on major issues like this they will be more hesitant in the future to attack our rights. Another key to us protecting our rights is our continued efforts to stay organised and expand our community of like minded people. MSI has become a great hub to rally support and I would like to see it and possibly other sites like it continue to expand so we can inform people of where to go for important information regarding these issues. In the future we should be passing out business style cards or information packets to get people informed about our online activities when they show up to rally's. Organization will be our key to victory since we are fighting both the anti's and the media.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    We need REGISTERED VOTERS ... politicians do not fear those who cannot vote them out.

This is the behind the scenes argument they have been giving to the undecided Delegates and Senators ... "Don't worry, these people are not from your district and those who are, aren't even registered voters" - - - unfortunately it is too often TRUE!

Info from them even says they have worked up an email filtering scheme to ignore email from people who are not registered to vote

This is why MSI was helping people register to vote while standing in line on Friday

sheat36

May 24, 2012
    Westminster, MD
    I agree,,,that is why I reregistered as a democrat. I will actively campaign against any of them that voted for this bill. If we cant beat them with a repub, then lets get a different dem in there.

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    True. I'm registered, but as an R, which is practically useless in this state. I'll switching to D as soon as I can say it without throwing up in my mouth.

I don't want the D.
    But I'll take it for the team, if I must.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    I have been politically aware, but never politically active. Recently I joined NRA, MSI and SAF. I also switched from independent to dem just to vote out these bums in the primary. I have never written an email or called a representative, but I have contacted all my reps bc of 281. Hopefully, many more got the wake up call like I did. However, in talking to many friends who live here in MD, when it comes to guns, they are completely uninformed on the matter. I am quite pessimistic on the long range outcome of gun ownership in this state. I truly think we are the minority when it comes to this in this state.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    ... I am quite pessimistic on the long range outcome of gun ownership in this state. I truly think we are the minority when it comes to this in this state.

I do not believe that any more ... I used to, but now I think that idea was propaganda. I do not believe there is a sudden, late change in the public's feelings about the Second Amendment - I believe it has always been pro-2A, but we have been lied to by the media and the left.

In the past there was no way to know if there were surveys or documentation that disagreed with "the party line". With the internet, we see a completely different reality. We now see just about every "unscientific" survey give strong pro-2A results ... my only explanation ... in the past, we were lied to.

The best way to defeat someone is to tell them they have already lost and have no allies.

rh92

Mar 2, 2013
    Rockville
    I live in an overwhelming liberal area. However, if you chat up with some people in the area, they would probably tell you that just adding gun laws will not deter criminals and people will always have guns, criminals or not.

My friends would agree as well but among many things, we would also agree if the government would only stick to transportation, defense and infrastructure. Nothing more and nothing less as we've witnessed how big the government has gotten over the years.

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    I do not believe that any more ... I used to, but now I think that idea was propaganda. I do not believe there is a sudden, late change in the public's feelings about the Second Amendment - I believe it has always been pro-2A, but we have been lied to by the media and the left.

In the past there was no way to know if there were surveys or documentation that disagreed with "the party line". With the internet, we see a completely different reality. We now see just about every "unscientific" survey give strong pro-2A results ... my only explanation ... in the past, we were lied to.

The best way to defeat someone is to tell them they have already lost and have no allies.

Interesting point, never thought about that before.

www.freestatedinos.com

let's be like a *&%$ing parasite!!!!
    lets take them over from the INSIDE!!

I'm re-registering right now. DeGrange is the reason we couldn't filibuster SB281, and he's my senator. :mad54: Hell hath no fury...

Long1MD

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2013
    Too far gone
    With everything that's been happening here in MD recently- the massive turn outs on the 6th and the 1st, and overwhelming opposition to O'Malley's scheme- what do you think the future of 2A issues in Maryland will be like?

It seems to me like a lot of people are starting to wake up, but will it last? Will there be 3,000 people at the next open holster rally? Are people going to stay vocal after this session, or are they just going to high-five each other after this is over and go back to sleep? I suspect we will always be fighting wanna-be dictators and the "save-me-from-myself" sheep & low information voters, but is this a turning point for the 2A in Maryland, or is it a peak?

Thoughts?
    I reregistered as a Democrat...and, yes I did throw up a little bit in my mouth. I looked at myself in the mirror while swishing mouthwash feverishly.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    We are handicapped from the start. What events do we have to point our finger at and say, "See, if we were allowed to carry...."? They will take every advantage to use the blood of the innocent to promote their agenda and will play dirty. False stats, coerced supporters, underhanded deals and ignorance towards the other side is the M.O.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom