• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dtmeyers

Jun 22, 2013
    Moving here so I called to ask the local MSP barracks if there is something else besides the registration I have to do when I finally move come October

Trooper stated that no registration is required even if I'm moving mid-October. I asked him again but he insisted that registration is completely voluntary no matter when I move and no matter what I have. Ahhh - what?

Now I've read SB281 several times over and I keep seeing the 'new residents must register in 90 days' thing.

So either he is wrong or something else changed. What gives?

1BADI5

Are we there yet
    Feb 5, 2013
    Ft Meade AOR
    Not surprising on bad information.

Anne Arundel County Police are very much in the dark on the topics too. I don't fault them either, the MD govt has passed all of these new laws and no real clue on how to impliment them.

Its going to be a total cluster**k for awhile

Pirate

Mar 20, 2010
    At the MSP meeting for dealers it was stated after Oct 1st new residents will have 90 to register regulated firearms or they become illegal guns.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Its voluntary. Either you voluntarily register your guns or you lose them. Your choice.
    Welcome to Maryland, there are many things to like about this state but politics isn't one of them. Register to vote and help us make a difference.

Johnthetoolguy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2009
    Pasadena
    So if you don't 'voluntarily register' your guns, the police can raid your house and take all your guns and show them on tv. You'll be one of those guys 'with a cash of weapons and thousands of rounds of ammo', no matter how many guns and how much ammo you have.

pseudonym

Mar 4, 2013
    HoCo
    So if you don't 'voluntarily register' your guns, the police can raid your house and take all your guns and show them on tv.

But how will the police know if you have guns if you don't register them? I'm not suggesting anyone not follow the law but this doesn't make sense to me. Now if you use your gun in a self defense situation and they determine you didn't register the gun then I think you would be in trouble.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    But how will the police know if you have guns if you don't register them? I'm not suggesting anyone not follow the law but this doesn't make sense to me. Now if you use your gun in a self defense situation and they determine you didn't register the gun then I think you would be in trouble.

If you live you life full of virtue and you know the cops will never ever come to your house for a gun related call then you are fine. But lets say he shoots burglar in the middle of the night on his 172nd day in MD. When the cops run the gun it will come back as not registered and then the fun ensues.

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    Moving here so I called to ask the local MSP barracks if there is something else besides the registration I have to do when I finally move come October

Trooper stated that no registration is required even if I'm moving mid-October. I asked him again but he insisted that registration is completely voluntary no matter when I move and no matter what I have. Ahhh - what?

Now I've read SB281 several times over and I keep seeing the 'new residents must register in 90 days' thing.

So either he is wrong or something else changed. What gives?

Here's a hint to how bad they are these days. What they said on the record today:

1- they did no research at all other than asking the other side and the governor what should go in COMAR.

2- they have a 60% error rate in their own data entry for 77R's.

3- they have been ordered to stop accepting cash, checks and money orders for any fees because there were audit findings against them (that means they failed the audit miserably).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom