• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Since i wrote about my 43 and 33 in spring 2020, in fall 2020 a 43x came my way. Thin with great grip. Shoots very well. But i still have and carry the 43 when i want even more concealment due to diminished height. And 43 is lighter.

platekiller

Ultimate Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV
    The 43 is basically a single stack 26. I Traded for a 43 with extractions and conceal that when I carry. It might as well be a 43x and if I was buying I would get a 43x or 48. Also since the 48 and 43x use the same mag but 43 doesn’t have a factory option with 10 or more I would go with one of them. That said if you are close enough, I would trade you a 43 for the 26. Lol I like double stacked glocks.

KP Shooter

Le Flâneur
    Dec 1, 2009
    Long Island/ MoCo
    The 43 is basically a single stack 26. I Traded for a 43 with extractions and conceal that when I carry. It might as well be a 43x and if I was buying I would get a 43x or 48. Also since the 48 and 43x use the same mag but 43 doesn’t have a factory option with 10 or more I would go with one of them. That said if you are close enough, I would trade you a 43 for the 26. Lol I like double stacked glocks.

I have a 26 for work and I really don’t like it. The bump in the back of the handle really starts to wear on you, even after 75 rounds, making getting longer practice sessions in impossible. When I have to carry it, I have a flush fit in the gun and a couple 12/13rd extension mags on my side. It works but I wish I was allowed to carry my 43x. With the reliable after market 15rnd mags that are the same footprint as the OEM 10 rnd mags, I feel that the 19 and the 26 are obsolete guns. With the exception of a wider availability/commonality of mags, as well as being able to shove a 50rnd drum in the 26, I see no upside.

Just my opinion.

platekiller

Ultimate Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV
    I have a 26 for work and I really don’t like it. The bump in the back of the handle really starts to wear on you, even after 75 rounds, making getting longer practice sessions in impossible. When I have to carry it, I have a flush fit in the gun and a couple 12/13rd extension mags on my side. It works but I wish I was allowed to carry my 43x. With the reliable after market 15rnd mags that are the same footprint as the OEM 10 rnd mags, I feel that the 19 and the 26 are obsolete guns. With the exception of a wider availability/commonality of mags, as well as being able to shove a 50rnd drum in the 26, I see no upside.

Just my opinion.

I can understand that for carry. I’ve got a 19x and 19 for HD and carry the 43. I like the capacity and mag compatibility of a 26. I’ve owned the 19x, gen 4 17, 3 gen 4 19’s, 1 gen 3 19, a gen 3 26, gen 4 26, and 2 43’s and have shot many more. The 19 is my all around fav since I can conceal it (6’1” 186#) and it’s good for HD. I have lots of double stacked mags and I can conceal a double stacked fine. I’d still be down for a 43x or 48 though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    I had both. 43 for pocket carry 43X for IWB. I don't see a point in getting a 43 to get extensions. Just get both if you ever pocket carry. And if you don't ever pocket carry, just get the 43X or 48.

Parry

Nov 22, 2020
    On my way out of Maryland
    There are some who have mentioned that the 43 is for deep concealed carry and is ideal if you pocket carry. And there are opinions on youtube that the 43x is not for pocket carry.

I was testing out deep pocket carry wearing my tailor fitted jeans (Izod costco stretch jeans with professional tailoring, tapered to the ankles, but they are not skin tight, I dress to my left). While I'm still waiting to pick up my 43x, I tested this out with my G19. For me, I was able to pocket carry my G19 with my iwb holster in my front right pocket with no problems. It looks like my wallet I usually keep in that pocket and the grip was not showing. While, this is probably not ideal, it was very concealable. I have some Lucky brand jeans and those have front pockets which are deeper than the Izods. So, I think that if I wanted to, I could get a pocket carry specific holster for my 43x (slimmer and smaller than G19) and pocket it even easier.

I can't wait to get my 43x.

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    There are some who have mentioned that the 43 is for deep concealed carry and is ideal if you pocket carry. And there are opinions on youtube that the 43x is not for pocket carry.

I was testing out deep pocket carry wearing my tailor fitted jeans (Izod costco stretch jeans with professional tailoring, tapered to the ankles, but they are not skin tight, I dress to my left). While I'm still waiting to pick up my 43x, I tested this out with my G19. For me, I was able to pocket carry my G19 with my iwb holster in my front right pocket with no problems. It looks like my wallet I usually keep in that pocket and the grip was not showing. While, this is probably not ideal, it was very concealable. I have some Lucky brand jeans and those have front pockets which are deeper than the Izods. So, I think that if I wanted to, I could get a pocket carry specific holster for my 43x (slimmer and smaller than G19) and pocket it even easier.

I can't wait to get my 43x.

Pocket carry mine in cargo shorts all summer. Main reason I got one was for easy concealability in summer without having to dress around the gun.

Frostadams

Mar 31, 2016
    Love my 43, because I go to ankle holster sometimes. If I wasn’t worried about ankle the 43x or 48 are both fine options. The 365XL is an option to look at with the TLR-7Sub light package. Love the flat trigger, but grip does feel better on Glock especially with Talon grip pro series tape installed. My 2 cents.

TopTechAgent

MDS Supporter
    Nov 30, 2012
    Mooresville, NC
    Shield arms just announced an upcoming steel magazine for the 43 that brings it to 9 rounds +1 in the standard mag with pinky extension. Along with mag extension options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scooby225

Latest threads

Top Bottom