• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    She isn't. Never was, never will be.

She is, IMO, being used conveniently as a red herring to avoid the real issues and address real problems.

An "innocent victim" that can be trotted out as a sympathetic figure.

Now, with all that said, I don't doubt she has a different perspective on firearms... but she's still being used as the poster child for unrealistic gun control.

Someone said it earlier... she's the new Jim Brady. The problem is, her 'handler' is still very much interested in his firearms, and keeps stepping in it.

Lemon328i

Mar 21, 2010
    If anyone gets the chance to see her in person, ask this question "If UBC is a good idea for potential gun owners because it will prevent future crimes, then why not have a UBC for everyone in America?"

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    getting shot sucks, but I never understood how it makes you an authority on gun control

The Newtown parents weren't authorities on gun control either, but the Democrats paraded them before Congress.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    1.) Stop the personal shit against her. She's a human being

2.) Dont' ignore her. America loves a victim.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    So you're saying that the Democrats intentionally prevent UBC so that they can whine about the "loophole?"

More precisely they refuse to let a ubc bill pass without the rest of the agenda, or as much as they can get. Then they wine about the NRA`blocking' UBC. Of course we are blocking all the other crap but thats not what the media spin will be. They know it and they use it.

This is how the game is played.

Wiley

MDS Supporter
    Jul 23, 2013
    Montgomery County
    Just received the following email from her husband

"Henry -

In 2011, forty-four percent of women murdered with guns in the United States were killed by a current or former intimate partner.

Likewise, thirty-eight percent fewer women are fatally shot by intimate partners in states that require background checks for all handgun purchases.

October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month, and Gabby and I are working hard to bring awareness to the intersection between this important issue and our efforts to reduce gun violence.

Last week, we sat down with several leaders in the domestic violence prevention community to talk about the work we can do together to save lives.

We put together a short behind-the-scenes video from the day, and I hope you'll watch it here:

http://action.americansforresponsiblesolutions.org/domestic-violence

It took me five minutes to pass a background check earlier this year, but its far too easy for perpetrators of domestic violence to bypass that process by going online or visiting a gun show.

Now that Congress has voted to end the government shutdown, we hope they will get to work closing many of the loopholes in federal law that allow domestic violence offenders and stalkers the ability to possess firearms.

Thanks for joining Gabby and me in that effort.

Mark Kelly
    Americans for Responsible Solutions"

I replied stating there is no such thing as gun violence. There are people who commit violent acts and that is where their focus ought to be.

T

RightNYer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2013
    Just received the following email from her husband

"Henry -

In 2011, forty-four percent of women murdered with guns in the United States were killed by a current or former intimate partner.

Likewise, thirty-eight percent fewer women are fatally shot by intimate partners in states that require background checks for all handgun purchases.

October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month, and Gabby and I are working hard to bring awareness to the intersection between this important issue and our efforts to reduce gun violence.

Last week, we sat down with several leaders in the domestic violence prevention community to talk about the work we can do together to save lives.

We put together a short behind-the-scenes video from the day, and I hope you'll watch it here:

http://action.americansforresponsiblesolutions.org/domestic-violence

It took me five minutes to pass a background check earlier this year, but its far too easy for perpetrators of domestic violence to bypass that process by going online or visiting a gun show.

Now that Congress has voted to end the government shutdown, we hope they will get to work closing many of the loopholes in federal law that allow domestic violence offenders and stalkers the ability to possess firearms.

Thanks for joining Gabby and me in that effort.

Mark Kelly
    Americans for Responsible Solutions"

I replied stating there is no such thing as gun violence. There are people who commit violent acts and that is where their focus ought to be.

T

So what's his point? That in states with stricter background checks, 6% of killers find another weapon to use? I'm curious to see what the OVERALL murder rates are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom