• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ground chuck

Rookie Jedi
    Sep 28, 2013
    Charm City County
    Tomatoes, some strawberries and blueberry and another vegetable. Next planter will be almost 8ft., less cutting. Single pots for sunflowers too

Attachments

• received_1482148612316333.jpeg
      received_1482148612316333.jpeg
      282.2 KB · Views: 46

govwontletmebuycoolguns

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 3, 2010
    DPRM
    Lettuce, radishes, beets, beans, tomatos, and squash are in the ground and doing well. Herbs in planters are doing well. Only thing left is peppers, but still too early.

gforce

MDS Supporter
    Aug 22, 2018
    Saw this thread, got inspired to attempt the green thumb game. Got some onion plants at the store to try and save, they looked a little beat up; dropped em in a long planter pot. Got some spacemaster cucumber seeds in a very large pot with a tomato trellis for them to grow up. As well as a basil and rosemary in pots. I haven't tried my hand at vegetables/herbs before so I'm excited to see how they do

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    Frost on the grass in the valley in Washington County. Porch thermometer says 35, but cold air settles in the low spots.

Will probably put corn and bush beans in Thursday or Friday, before the rain and when its too hot to cut firewood.

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    My maters, cayenne and jalapenos are flowering. Hate to clip 'em as I am dying for a fresh from the garden mater but I know it's for the best.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    This 3rd winter in MD is screwing up my planting schedule. I've also tried to grow canvas bag potatoes that last couple of years with very poor results. Bell peppers and tomatoes are easy for anyone just getting into growing their own food.

gforce

MDS Supporter
    Aug 22, 2018
    low temps trending down for the next couple of days here (45-40-39 forecast), moving herbs and onions up to the house and will consider covering them

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    I'm not putting anything outside in the ground until next weekend. I've played the plant early and watch it rot in April cold and rain game before. I almost pulled the trigger last weekend but glad I didn't.

gforce

MDS Supporter
    Aug 22, 2018
    Onion stalks have put on about 50%, Basil has put on about the same, rosemary remains roughly the same size. Cucumbers started from seeds, broke the surface 4 days ago and are about 1" tall.

jspero

Aug 6, 2009
    One Foot Out The Door
    I'm having decent results with my garden experiments this year. Pretty much all the seeds I planted early inside (using the Jiffy pellets and greenhouses, plus a heat mat) sprouted, then died. I'll have to figure out what went wrong for next year.

Outside in the raised beds is a different story. I'm using 2 4x4 beds (see the map below) and the square-foot method of planting. I planted a bunch of different stuff from seeds and small plants bought at local nurseries. Red radishes and hot Asian radishes from seeds are doing really well and almost ready for the first harvest. Beets, carrots, green onions, leeks, and Chinese egg plants from seeds are sprouting and look good. Thai peppers and Thai basil have not sprouted yet, but its a little early. Bell peppers, jalapenos, strawberries, regular basil, lemon grass, chives, and leeks from the nursery are all doing well.

In planters outside I have tomatoes (4 better boys, 1 gold cherry, 1 red cherry), bell peppers x2, jalapeno x2, pepper mint, spearmint, habanero (hold over from last year), parsley, cilantro, and onion chives (going on 5 years with this one). These were all started from nursery plants. All doing well so far, but we'll see on the tomatoes, which I tend to kill somehow.

1683035265348.png

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Where can you buy this?

I got mine from Amazon

CharlieFoxtrot

Industry Partner
    Sep 30, 2007
    Foothills of Appalachia
    I got mine from Amazon