• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    IMG_20230721_142952851.jpg

I have 2’ also with overhead supports 6’ above bed. I have to get ladder now to pic. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I installed 4 foot supports and it's not enough. I'm going to have to add height to it next year. I used 3/4 inch galvanized conduit with female to female connectors so adding shouldn't be hard. I also had 7 or 8 plants sprout in my beds from seeds that fell out of rotting fruits from last year so I have 7 more plants in 5 gallon buckets. I dug them up and replanted them because I didn't know what variety they were. I buy most of my heirloom plants from Calvert's Gift farm in Sparks, Baltimore County. Best tasting varieties I have found.

foodpoison

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    the Dena
    My largest single day harvest of the season, just terminated 3 cuke plants cause I F up on watering. Will replant 3 more tomorrow

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I grow some mean weeds and trees the past 2 years.

Wife had the idea of the raised beds, a truck load of soil and a decent 1st year of veggies. BUT it was lots of watering, weeding, and her tending after plant eating bugs.

She hates bugs, skeeters, and pretty much the outdoors. So, gardening is really not a joint venture.
    I usually wind up doing most of it.

With the past few years being filled up with the care and death of my mom, now the care of my dad, Things like gardens have taken a back seat. Dad went in the hospital the last week of May and here we are Almost August and he is still not home.

I'd have loved my some Maters and Squash n Beans n stuff

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    My tomatoes are slow producing and ripening very small. Spring was wet and cold out here and now fairly dry.
    My corn seems to be growing okay but it about 4' tall and stunted from the previous drought.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Some zucchini and squash from my garden. Made some zucchini bread out of one of them. Yum!

Attachments

• IMG_6648.jpg
      IMG_6648.jpg
      408.9 KB · Views: 43
    • IMG_7021.jpg
      IMG_7021.jpg
      442.9 KB · Views: 37
    • IMG_7028.jpg
      IMG_7028.jpg
      358.4 KB · Views: 37
    Last edited:

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Sweet banana peppers turned into an appetizer. Sausage & cream cheese stuffed baked banana peppers.

Attachments

• IMG_6650.jpg
      IMG_6650.jpg
      210.7 KB · Views: 41
    • IMG_6651.jpg
      IMG_6651.jpg
      409.9 KB · Views: 44
    • IMG_6652.jpg
      IMG_6652.jpg
      270.8 KB · Views: 45

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    Today's haul..tomatoes are finally starting to ripen. Zucchini is starting to turn brown I'm thinking it's probably the heat not worried about it too much we've gotten so many idk what we're going to do with all of it. Plan to start canning some things tomorrow.

Attachments

• 20230724_185511.jpg
      20230724_185511.jpg
      91 KB · Views: 42

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    Could be vine borer. If base of vine is getting brown and soft in spot or some leaves wilting could be that. They block water from getting to plant.

You can actually bury the vine further up plant and it will reroot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    I can't grow zucchini and it is because of squash bugs. My neighbor has apple, peach and other fruit trees and I get covered in these bugs if I grow it. My buddy 10 minutes away doesn't have them. They have never not shown up if I try and grow it. First you see the copper eggs under the leaf, then little grey spider looking young and and bigger bugs. I planted 18 plants one year and they all died before I got one fruit.

I am assuming the fruit trees hold them here because other people locally can grow them, but I have no chance in growing them.

These Lantern bugs like the cucumbers and about to insecticide them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom