• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChannelCat

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    So far this season has started off well for me. I made modifications to my greenhouse over the winter and my overheating issues have been tempered. The seedlings, and now potted up plants are doing great.
    Some of my tomatoes will need to get planted very soon. I don’t want to repot.
    When are you all starting to plant tomatoes and peppers outside?

View attachment 466564
    Great setup! I usually move my tomato and pepper seedlings outside around Mother's Day.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    We have been "Re Arraigning" the yard the last 9 months or so.
    We got back into gardening about 3 years ago and have been using the old fenced in Duck coop area, problem is that it has a large tree in the center,, Beech or maple, I forget.

Last summer I did a major overhaul of the chicken coop: moved it 10', jacked it up and poured footers and laid a stone foundation, replaced siding and painted,, all new fenced area.

I put up a new garden area on the other side of the chicken coop (fenced in), this weekend I dug op the water line that runs to the shop and added a yard bib for the new garden area.

She has most of the plants in the old duck coop area, but started some stuff in the new area.

Alot of work I tell Ya. I'll post more once it is completed

Old duck coop garden:
    View attachment 466934

Chicken Coop re-built
    View attachment 466935

A third of the coop is divided off as a garden shed:
    View attachment 466936

Current, New garden fence, installing yard bib at garden:
    View attachment 466937

Located water line to garage without hitting it with the BH,, added "T"
    View attachment 466938

New Bib riser:
    View attachment 466939
    Thats a nice coop

Joseph

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 13, 2009
    Clinton MD
    We have been "Re Arraigning" the yard the last 9 months or so.
    We got back into gardening about 3 years ago and have been using the old fenced in Duck coop area, problem is that it has a large tree in the center,, Beech or maple, I forget.

Last summer I did a major overhaul of the chicken coop: moved it 10', jacked it up and poured footers and laid a stone foundation, replaced siding and painted,, all new fenced area.

I put up a new garden area on the other side of the chicken coop (fenced in), this weekend I dug op the water line that runs to the shop and added a yard bib for the new garden area.

She has most of the plants in the old duck coop area, but started some stuff in the new area.

Alot of work I tell Ya. I'll post more once it is completed

Old duck coop garden:
    View attachment 466934

Chicken Coop re-built
    View attachment 466935

A third of the coop is divided off as a garden shed:
    View attachment 466936

Current, New garden fence, installing yard bib at garden:
    View attachment 466937

Located water line to garage without hitting it with the BH,, added "T"
    View attachment 466938

New Bib riser:
    View attachment 466939
    That is a really nice setup you have there. The coop looks great.

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    I have always had crap luck growing corn. Just doesn't produce and not enough fertilizer and I like to garden natural. This year I plan to try the Three Sisters Indian style and ordered Heirloom corn. Country Gentleman and Stoles Evergreen. Also ordered butternut squash, spaghetti squash and Cranberry beans and navy beans to grow up the corn. Oh, I got some Hopi blue corn for flour if I can find a hand mill somewhere.

Coehorn

MDS Supporter
    Feb 26, 2024
    Baltimore County
    Seeds started. Pumpkin. Beef Stake Toms. Cilantro. Basil. Potatoes in a cabinet to sprout. Need to find some cayenne seeds.

Homemade bacon fat soap to the right.

Attachments

• IMG_4079.JPG
      IMG_4079.JPG
      271.3 KB · Views: 7

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I have always had crap luck growing corn. Just doesn't produce and not enough fertilizer and I like to garden natural. This year I plan to try the Three Sisters Indian style and ordered Heirloom corn. Country Gentleman and Stoles Evergreen. Also ordered butternut squash, spaghetti squash and Cranberry beans and navy beans to grow up the corn. Oh, I got some Hopi blue corn for flour if I can find a hand mill.

Link to Lehman's grain mill guide:

You can also use a grain mill to grind your black powder pucks when making BP. Go to 22:00 in this video for grinding pucks:

Last edited:

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    We gave up our big garden at the bottom of the yard because the Wifey was too busy to get down there on a regular basis and I got tired of running a Bambi buffet. This past year, we planted some 5-gallon buckets next to the porch and it was quite a successful venture. So, this year we sprung for some factory raised beds. So far so good. Now if winter would just go away.
    IMG_8160.JPG

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    My searching MDS is weak today.

I thought I read someplace in MDS that there is a place in MD/PA that you can get free mushroom compost. I can't find it.

Is there anyplace in MD/PA that you can go a get bulk mushroom compost?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom