• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kwcraft

No witty username
    Apr 7, 2009
    NOT MARYLAND
    I'm interested. Depending on Date and Time my brother would be interested, and I would love to bring my 9yr old son. He is already pretty good with a 22 but he definately could use someone else showing him how to do better.

13mogul

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2009
    Count me in, but it would have to be close to Annapolis (within 1 hr?)
    Have you thought of Delmarva Sporting Clays?

surplusfan

Feb 2, 2009
    PA
    Id be in...Appleseeds start so damn early. I usually am at work pretty late. Probably not a good idea to be wandering around a rifle range with two hours sleep. But yeah if I can get off work sure I am in.

Oliveralan

Nov 18, 2009
    McLean, Virginia
    Hey I have a place where we could do this. Send me a pm. I have 200acres in nothern VA (near warrenton). May be a little far away for some of you guys but I got a 250yard long field with a backstop we could shoot on.

sailor

Sep 20, 2007
    YES

I'm in. I've been trying to get to an Appleseed for two years!!!

And as a youth leader of a shooting group, I can probably bring 10-30 youth for an event. Depends on when/where.

Stroungly suggest provisions for camping- just a flat field, hose for water, etc.

I might be interested in helping set it up if the location is near.
    I routinely set up weekend events in fields or woods for 200-300 people; involving shelter, sanitation, etc.

Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!
    Hey I have a place where we could do this. Send me a pm. I have 200acres in nothern VA (near warrenton). May be a little far away for some of you guys but I got a 250yard long field with a backstop we could shoot on.

Hey, Civil War reenactor here. Is it possible I've tramped over your place and burned powder there? Fauquier County is one of the most beautiful spots in a beautiful state.

bkraft

Jul 24, 2008
    Eldersburg
    I would be very interested considering I almost drove to NH this past October just to attend an Appleseed event. The date conflicted and I couldn't go, but I was considering going up there for the next one. Anywhere in Maryland (or N Va for that matter) would be closer.

jorjohn11

Feb 26, 2006
    Anne Arundel County
    I'm in, will bring my grandson too. We talked a little about it earlier today at the match. Now I need to buy another rifle. My marlin 75 is a single shot now, haven't gotten the parts to repair it yet.

Oct 18, 2009
    Delaware
    I would be in if it's not too far. I have wanted to attend one for a while. I would like to bring my son who is 6...any age minimums?

BeSwift

Appleseed SI/State Coord
    Apr 15, 2008
    I would be in if it's not too far. I have wanted to attend one for a while. I would like to bring my son who is 6...any age minimums?

There are no age minimums, that I'm aware of, and I certainly don't want to discourage anyone who wants to participate..however.. it's been my experience with hunter safety classes that the kids younger than 8 or so don't tend to do so well..it's a pretty intense and quick paced class, and 2 LONG days of shooting with a LOT of rounds downrange. If you were there to solely help the youngster, than it might work. Might want to do 1 day with him, and one day for yourself?

Just as an update, I hope to have some FIRM NEWS regarding Appleseed in MD within the next 30 days or so... stay tuned... BeSwift

Oct 18, 2009
    Delaware
    There are no age minimums, that I'm aware of, and I certainly don't want to discourage anyone who wants to participate..however.. it's been my experience with hunter safety classes that the kids younger than 8 or so don't tend to do so well..it's a pretty intense and quick paced class, and 2 LONG days of shooting with a LOT of rounds downrange. If you were there to solely help the youngster, than it might work. Might want to do 1 day with him, and one day for yourself?

Just as an update, I hope to have some FIRM NEWS regarding Appleseed in MD within the next 30 days or so... stay tuned... BeSwift

I thought it might be a little young, but I would like to have someone besides me do the teaching, and would like to get him started. I am not the most patient person (although I am with my kids) and this may be a learning situation that is best to leave any emotion or impatience out of. Maybe I will wait on it for a year or two, and keep working with him on the air gun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom