• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    How many of you would be interested in attending (selling or buying) a swap meet focused on hunting, fishing and shooting gear? All firearms would be transferred per Local, State and Federal Law for a small fee by the shop. We have a 1500 Sqft building that we could utilize to keep everything under roof. A small fee would be charged to use our tables or you could bring your own and set up for free.

This thread is simply to gauge interest. Once we have an idea of interest we will start figuring out the details. Currently I am thinking about the 2nd Saturday of each month ( if there is enough interest). Open for set up at 9 am and close at 5 pm. Our shop hours are 10 am to 7 pm so this time frame would allow ample time for set up and tear down plus the required background checks. Didn't sell your items (guns) at the swap meet? Check with us about consignment, trade in or purchase.

Ladies and Gentleman please let me know your thoughts on this idea. This isn't my original idea, I heard of another shop a few hours away doing these and it seemed like a good idea.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    King George, VA at our shop.... This way Maryland residents could sell any firearm they have to a VA resident...

gforce

MDS Supporter
    Aug 22, 2018
    I'm certainly interested, I don't have much to sell but i'd be happy to be a swap meet customer

JoeCon

Apr 2, 2023
    Pasadena Md
    How many of you would be interested in attending (selling or buying) a swap meet focused on hunting, fishing and shooting gear? All firearms would be transferred per Local, State and Federal Law for a small fee by the shop. We have a 1500 Sqft building that we could utilize to keep everything under roof. A small fee would be charged to use our tables or you could bring your own and set up for free.

This thread is simply to gauge interest. Once we have an idea of interest we will start figuring out the details. Currently I am thinking about the 2nd Saturday of each month ( if there is enough interest). Open for set up at 9 am and close at 5 pm. Our shop hours are 10 am to 7 pm so this time frame would allow ample time for set up and tear down plus the required background checks. Didn't sell your items (guns) at the swap meet? Check with us about consignment, trade in or purchase.

Ladies and Gentleman please let me know your thoughts on this idea. This isn't my original idea, I heard of another shop a few hours away doing these and it seemed like a good idea.
    I be interested

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I am going to start the planning phase of this venture and see what we can put together. Guess I need to get the building cleaned out, lights working and figure out the restrooms.

SavageShooter

Jan 10, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    Sounds like a good idea. I have sold the past two years at Baltimore County Game and Fish which is held one saturday in the spring early April and Labor Day weekend saturday (not the best day in my opinion). Yeah I could do it once or twice. Very good idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom