• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fideo

Aug 27, 2009
    NoVA
    Caution

I had trouble with 9mm HP's from them. There was an issue with them being either seated incorrectly, mis-sized, or having out of spec bullets (SPEER Gold Dot). It was new production in Star Line brass too.

After chambering and removing a round I noticed severe setback. I hand cycled a few more rounds with the same result. Upon further inspection I noticed that I could set back the bullets with firm pressure between my fingers.

They replaced one of the bags; but later on I noticed it to be the case with the other lots that were shipped in the same order. About 80% were this loose.

I have not had any issues with their re-manufactured FMJ ammo in either 5.56mm and 9mm.

coopdog373

Feb 13, 2009
    herndon
    Diesel-I have used those guys for years and have purchased ammo in very large quantities and have always had great results. Usually I pre-order and pick up the ammo at the nearest show they are attending...shipping can be expensive..

coop

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I had a couple split cases with their .38 but have had very good luck with the .30 carbine and .357 sig I ordered.

Its reloaded ammo, occasionally you are going to get a minor problem, thats a reality.

I was disappointed not to get to Dulles as I wanted to buy a couple more packs of the .357 sig.

ProShooter

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2008
    Richmond, Va
    I had trouble with 9mm HP's from them. There was an issue with them being either seated incorrectly, mis-sized, or having out of spec bullets (SPEER Gold Dot). It was new production in Star Line brass too.

After chambering and removing a round I noticed severe setback. I hand cycled a few more rounds with the same result. Upon further inspection I noticed that I could set back the bullets with firm pressure between my fingers.

They replaced one of the bags; but later on I noticed it to be the case with the other lots that were shipped in the same order. About 80% were this loose.

I have not had any issues with their re-manufactured FMJ ammo in either 5.56mm and 9mm.

That's surprising. I've never heard of a setback issue with GA's stuff.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    To save money with Georgia, just order before the next Chantilly show and pickup the order at the show.

No Shipping and No Va Sales Tax.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    for the calibers I pay attention to they don't look anywhere near as economical as I'd expect for reloaded ammo...

They used to be....their prices seemsed to have jumped disproportionately when the ammo fury came.

Norton and I used to be able to actually make multi-case deals with them at the Dulles show. Haven't tried that in a while. They weren't there the last time I went.

Fideo

Aug 27, 2009
    NoVA
    That's surprising. I've never heard of a setback issue with GA's stuff.

Neither had I or the guy that I spoke with from GA. I like the company and hold no grudge against them. Just something I would be careful of. The bullets would completely set back against the powder.

Could have ruined my day...

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    The only negative I can say about them was that they refused to make a custom load for me. Around 2003 or 2004 I asked them if they could produce a .303 British load that would approximate the South African ball load and they said "No". At that time they made a .303 hunting round, so they loaded the cartridge. 174gr FMJ bullets were available from at least one supplier. I was willing to buy 500 rounds, for my .303.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    The only factory ammo I buy for 10mm is them. They use new Starline Brass, and I've never had an issue with their ammo. I've purchased .223 from them, those are loaded in once fired Lake City brass. I've been happy with them, and I will continue to purchase from them when I need 10mm ammo.

Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom