• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bbgunn177

Jun 30, 2008
    So I went to get my hair cut the other day with my friendly Democrat Barber. We go back some 25 years and every monthly cut some discussion of politics always comes up.

This hair cut was no different. He stated he didn’t know who he was going to vote for in the primary yet and asked if I was going to vote for David Craig for Governor. I told him while I like David Craig I wasn’t going to vote for him. I said I was going to vote for Gansler for Governor and Cardin for Attorney General. He said “Oh” paused and said “how are you going to vote for them you are a Republican”. I said “Not anymore.”

He laughed and said what did you do switch parties. I said yes. He said why?

I said I am a Gerrymaderer of One now.

I said Brown is the anointed clone of O’Malley and I wanted to send a message as a good Democrat now that I didn’t like Brown’s or O’Malley’s Policies. As for Cardin, it was a vote against Frosh who was the driving force behind SB281 to further erode our gun rights in this State and ban a whole class of firearms based solely on cosmetic features and they look scary. I said 4000+ people went to testify in Annapolis and he blew them all off. I said I don’t particularly care for Cardin, but I want to send a message to Frosh.

We ended with him considering to vote for Gansler and Cardin. He said he just wasn’t excited about the primary but would vote for someone.

I don’t know if we will cancel each others vote out or if he will consider what I said.

I do know I like being a Gerrymanderer of One.

Last edited:

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    Nice! My wife has been a registered Democrat since I met her 30 years ago but she always votes Republican. She usually doesn't vote in the primaries but since I became a DINO she is excited about the primaries. She has been asking me who she should vote for so she can take part in the DINO movement.

I have swayed a few pro-2A Democrats to vote along with us because they are pissed over SB281 too.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    You got him thinking. At worst, he was going to vote Frosh/Brown anyway. At best, you got him to technically DINO despite his actual Democratic leanings. I don’t see this as a loss in anyway. Good job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom