• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Arrived 10:30 as usual. No lines. Seemed to have lots of ammo at market prices. 9mm up to $55/box FMJ. I bought 10mm for $40. Couple of vendors selling Polymer 80 frames around $150. Distant parking was serviced by a shuttle. Large crowds due to predicted weather, even the vendors are very concerned about tomorrow.

Overall a good show. Couldn't find everything I wanted but this show continues to be on my top 3 list. All in PA.

There were reloading supplies but one guy was very upset and vocal about the price of a pound of powder:D

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Left the show and now home
    So. Picked up several standard cap mags for his stuff
    Paid donations to MSI
    Got this 1866 Chassepot bayo for $85
    I figured I’d either eventually get a Chassepot or just pass this along at cost to another MDShooter collector who already has one.
    I saw a very good condition Carcano in 6.5 dated 1929 and the bore looked pretty good
    Came back to it and it was gone. $190
    Who here got that?
    Oh and picked up sling for my Swedish Mauser
    789e0afe60aece7b8d9b0465b9b2efad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Paid donations to MSI
    I figured I’d either eventually get a Chassepot or just pass this along at cost to another MDShooter collector who already has one.
    I saw a very good condition Carcano in 6.5 dated 1929 and the bore looked pretty good
    Who here got that?

Looks like a Gras bayonet. Did they use the same bayonet for the Chassepot?

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Paid donations to MSI
    Who here got that?

One of the most useful tools if The Walking Dead ever happens.

N3uka

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2013
    College Park
    Nice day. Hit Gettysburg family restaurant for steak and eggs. Show 10:30ish with no line. Found some .44/40, picked up a steel target set. Hit Catoctin orchard for some goodies. Back in College Park by 3:30.

IronDuck

MDS Supporter
    Jan 11, 2021
    Frederick ish MD
    I enjoyed the show. Well attended, vendors I spoke with all good people.
    I bought 1 lb.. powder, I bought 500 once shot 223 brass. $120.00 for both. No primers, no equipment.
    Had my eye on a Garand, listed at about $1,400.00 didn't purchase it first time around it was gone second time. Think it was part of a private collection.
    Oh found a couple of tuna cans of 7.62x54R priced $40. Under what I paid last week!
    Enjoyed it. Looking forward to Chantilly.

shershot99

Mar 22, 2010
    Carroll County
    Because masks are annoying. That's why.

They’re really not that bad, like not at all. I just don’t understand. You have to wear one everywhere you go (stores, etc.) so why not at a gun show. The other side already hates us enough, we don’t need to supply them with more ammunition to use against us.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    They’re really not that bad, like not at all. I just don’t understand. You have to wear one everywhere you go (stores, etc.) so why not at a gun show. The other side already hates us enough, we don’t need to supply them with more ammunition to use against us.

You're worried about people not liking you because they aren't wearing masks at a gun show? They're never going to like you and the more you care what they think the more they're going to make your life miserable.

I'll let you in on a little secret. They don't like gun owners because of the guns...not the masks. If you travel outside of the DC/Baltimore area it's actually becoming normal to avoid wearing masks again.

Scrounger

Jul 16, 2018
    Southern Maryland
    If you travel outside of the DC/Baltimore area it's actually becoming normal to avoid wearing masks again.

This is so true. I have a friend that drives all over, as in the country. It is only in the leftist areas that one sees masks. If you wear a mask in free country people wonder want is wrong with you.

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    Anyone seeing any CZ Scorpion mags ??

I am pretty sure that I saw some towards the back on the right side.
    Stopped and talked to Bigfoot44 and renewed my MSI membership at the MSI booth. picked up some standard capacity 7.62 x 51 mags at a good price, 1 standard capacity mag for a S&W model 59, a couple of Hunter leather holsters for revolvers and a tall Harris bipod for cheap.
    Ammo prices were higher than a kite and a lot of guns were marked up 50% or more, than what they were selling for a year ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom