• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • N3uka

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2013
    College Park
    If you're talking about the guy who has the mags all layed out on the table with price lists by brand/manufacturer, he goes by 'Mag Man', at least that's what his sign says.
    Well, I am an idiot and hopefully he isn't a crook. Bought three mags and a friend bought one I paid for. We were bs'ing with him, he told me price, I gave him cash and we headed out. Get thirty miles down the road and realized he charged me for 5 mags but I only got 4. So I take the blame as didn't verify and feel like an idiot. Lesson learned. HK mags so definitely an expensive lesson.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Well, I am an idiot and hopefully he isn't a crook. Bought three mags and a friend bought one I paid for. We were bs'ing with him, he told me price, I gave him cash and we headed out. Get thirty miles down the road and realized he charged me for 5 mags but I only got 4. So I take the blame as didn't verify and feel like an idiot. Lesson learned. HK mags so definitely an expensive lesson.

Sorry to hear that. I doubt very much it was deliberate, he is at York, Gettysburg, and Morgantown every show, probably others too. I don't think he would want to ruin his reputation for the price of one mag, even if it was an HK.

He has always been very personable and easy to work with, he once let me take a mag out of a sealed package to compare it with one of mine (long story).

38super

Jan 8, 2016
    Montgomery County
    I went to this show yesterday afternoon after the Howard County Show, I usually do not comment on shows because there has not been a real gun show in over 20 years. These vendors at this show are REALLY proud of their stuff by the way it was priced. I seen 3 or 4 tables of "private collection" sellers and all their guns still had the Redding auction tags on them not a couple but 10 guns or more, over priced ammo that has been to so many shows the boxes are worn. One magazine dealer, used to be 3 or 4. He had new magazines but no older used magazines. One guy had a few 760 Remington magazines so I picked out 2 I asked the price he said 350 for the pair, I nicely said I will pass he started bitching at me that people are cheap no one wants to buy anything. I know that different areas have different prices. The first time I have ever been to a show that I bought nothing. I have been going to shows for over 30 years.

SavageShooter

Jan 10, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    Mag Man is honest I've bought from him before. I always make sure my change is correct before I start bsing. Well we went yesterday. Went up my buddies place who lives in PA between Brogue and Red Lion we took down our ladder stands on Friday. Slept over we left 8 am 55 miles to the show no problem for us hell we'll drive anywhere. He had never been to this one before we've been to many. I told him it was probably gonna be small. I got 1 lb. of Hodgdon Titegroup powder $40 good price. I bought a box of Speer .44 cal. 300 gr. jacketed solid points for $25 50 count. Speer dosen't make these anymore. I always wanted to try these. I bow hunt in black bear country up in the mountains and I carry a 4" .44 Mag. with me. The show isn't what it used to be at this particular location. The promotor Eagle Arms has other shows at other locations. Two gun store owners in PA that I know have stop doing the show for that reason. Lack of sales at that location. We had a good day anyway went to Lincoln Diner and hit the Redding & Gettysburg Trad. Post.

W.Coyote

MDS Supporter
    May 30, 2013
    Kingsville (Hazzard County)
    Any knife vendors there? Looking for a decent quality auto.
    Normally there is a couple that are set up against the left wall at this show that have a nice display of quality autos. I’ve also seen them at the York show. I’ve gotten a Hogue and a Benchmade from them. Nice folks, but not there this time.

ThePhantomPatriot

Politically Incorrect
    That was the most disappointing Gburg show. Looked big upon entering til we walked past the first aisle, then realized they had the aisles spaced out really wide to fill the room. I'm not going to another Gburg show, not worth the admission cost and drive time. Walked the whole show in about a half hour left empty handed.

Wound up going to Redding and GBTP which was packed. They probably had more sales than the show did lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom