• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    One is usually on back walk , other is usually on left wall .
    I remember watching the guy on the left wall run the needle of his manual machine through his thumb once. OUCH!
    Wish the guy that made the dog leashes was still doing the show, have not found any as good as the ones he made anywhere at any price.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Almost every gun show I've been to (including this one) require that you show clear, most likely due to promoters' insurance.
    Thank you. Yes, I know that every MD show I've been to has asked. Not being checked at the Lancaster show last weekend had me wondering about this one.

ThePhantomPatriot

Politically Incorrect
    I haven't been to the Eagle Arms gun show at Gettysburg since Jan. '22. It was what I call a nice 500 table show up until '20. Since then it has gone downhill a little bit. We're gonna go though saturday morning anyway. HoCo fairgrounds has a show also Appalachian is the promoter there. I went to Chantilly between Christmas and New Year Showmasters the promoter there. We'll hit the Lincoln Diner after the show then Redding Hardware, Gettysburg Trading Post, Guns for You on Rt. 30 will probably be closed because he usually does this show. It will be a full of fun anyway!
    I agree, Gettysburg used to be a good show, last couple times the exterior walls and back row were about empty. York, Harrisburg, and Oaks are the best shows to go to. Only good thing is if Gburg show sucks there's quite a few shops that you mentioned that aren't too far.

Redding Hardware didn't have much inventory when I was there in November, they used to have way more before they remodeled during Covid.

Gburg trading post is decent.

HRDWRK

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Jan 7, 2013
    39°43′19.92216″ N
    Small show maybe 100 tables.
    Powder and primers could be had.. Slightly better prices than a year ago.
    Mag man is here. Some private sellers of collection 2 or 3 guys..

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    I agree, Gettysburg used to be a good show, last couple times the exterior walls and back row were about empty. York, Harrisburg, and Oaks are the best shows to go to. Only good thing is if Gburg show sucks there's quite a few shops that you mentioned that aren't too far.

When did you go to Harrisburg last? The last 2-3 times I've been it was smaller than Gettysburg.

Gburg trading post is decent.

:thumbsup:
    They are great, and happy to work with Marylanders.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Any knife vendors there? Looking for a decent quality auto.
    I went to Chantilly in December. There were plenty of autos to be had. From high end to cheap OTFs. These guys are my favorite.

This is my latest purchase from him. Not an auto, but assisted and so smooth.

Last edited:

deathracer

Feb 14, 2010
    Probably worst show I have been to in the last 20 years. Did not buy a thing. Vendors not in full, prices on anything decent was full retail or higher. Plenty of Ruger, Canik, and Glock, not so much on high end unless used. Should have paid me to shop there.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Super small show. Not a lot there. Smallest I’ve ever seen it.

Probably worst show I have been to in the last 20 years.

It probably suffered from Howard County and Chantilly being the same weekend. I know of at least 2 vendors I've seen at Chantilly and at Gettysburg before, and South Carroll and whoever took over Top Hat's displays probably would have been there if not for the HoCo show.

Mr Oni

Military history nut
    Dec 11, 2010
    Brooklyn md.
    Far better than the Frederick and timonium guns shows in terms of milsups etc. Anybody know the name of the Mag dealer in the front?

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Far better than the Frederick and timonium guns shows in terms of milsups etc. Anybody know the name of the Mag dealer in the front?

If you're talking about the guy who has the mags all layed out on the table with price lists by brand/manufacturer, he goes by 'Mag Man', at least that's what his sign says.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Wolf was at HC today
    Oops- didnt see the auto.... Not at MD show.
    Thank you.
    I went to Chantilly in December. There were plenty of autos to be had. From high end to cheap OTFs. These guys are my favorite.

This is my latest purchase from him. Not an auto, but assisted and so smooth.

Thank you. I'm going to go to Chantilly then.
    It probably suffered from Howard County and Chantilly being the same weekend. I know of at least 2 vendors I've seen at Chantilly and at Gettysburg before, and South Carroll and whoever took over Top Hat's displays probably would have been there if not for the HoCo show.
    Yup and the Harrisburg show started yesterday too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom