• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    Kind of disappointed by this show. Used to be a good show. Not anywhere close to the number of vendors just a few years ago.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Kind of disappointed by this show. Used to be a good show. Not anywhere close to the number of vendors just a few years ago.

Just left... I have to disagree. It was actually much bigger than the first several Gettysburg shows I went to, around 2016-2017 I think. Long before COVID, anyway. Several shows during that time period only had half of the hall filled (the right side), with the other half being completely empty except for the custom leather guy in the back. The hall was full this weekend. Perhaps you're comparing this show to ones further back than that.

It looked like all of the usual Gettysburg vendors were there, except for Precision Firearms, South Carroll, and G&G arms. They were the only ones I saw missing.

I saw plenty of pistols, shotguns, hunting rifles, etc. I mostly looked at handguns, which seemed reasonably priced relative to LGSs and online.

I'm not an AR guy, but I will say that although there were AR rifles & parts I didn't see anything of 'known' quality... IE no name brands I recognized from discussions here.

Durkin Tactical was there with a lot of AR uppers and kits, maybe someone who knows can chime in if they are worthwhile or not.

It was the show of overly priced firearms. 799 for a mosin yea right!

Was there anything special about it, or just a run of the mill 91/30?

I didn't look at any Mosin prices, but I checked out a Yugo SKS that looked to be in excellent condition... he wanted $800 for it. :rolleyes:

Also saw a vendor with several Hakim rifles and 4 K43s, two scoped and two not. They looked like they were in good shape, tags had only numbers, no prices on them.

JSD supply was there with p80 glocks and I saw several vendors with 80% AR lowers. The glocks weren't tagged and I didn't ask, but the AR lowers I saw were ~$50 for no-name stuff, there were some marked 'billet' for $60 and one guy had Anderson lowers for I think $65.

There was a vendor with surplus ammo cans... .30 cal for $10, .50 was $15 or 2 for $25, fat .50 was $25, there were 20, 30 and 40mm cans but I don't recall all the prices.

Anyway, typical Gettysburg show relative to the last 3-4 years. More vendors than most MD shows, ammo still overpriced.

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    I saw another turkineli clone today at the Gettysburg gun show. I think the dealer was from Turkey himself and they are imported into Hagerstown md. Looked exactly like the SD4 and others. They were asking $500.

If someone goes and can verify the name of the company and get a photo of these id appreciate it, please.

deathracer

Feb 14, 2010
    Not impressed today. Prices were retail or over. Not much of any value buys. Selection, eh, more junk flea market than anything else. Probably more used firearms then new, nothing special. Disappointing for this show, as it usually is fairly decent. Maybe less dealers as inventory is still not completely up to par as years past, and not really worth displaying at a show when the dealers can do just as well in their own shop?

Last edited:

deathracer

Feb 14, 2010
    Not impressed today. Prices were retail or over. Not much of any value buys. Selection, eh, more junk flea market than anything else. Probably more used firearms then new, nothing special. Disappointing for this show, as it usually is fairly decent. Maybe less dealers as selection is still not completely up to par as years past, and not really worth displaying at a show when the dealers can do just as well in their own shop?
    To be fair, there is an item market at the PA shows you cannot have in MD. Doesn't mean PA shows are any better though for the most part. Although Timonium shows have just become completely ridiculous. Howard County show is still one of my favs, even if I am from PA.

Patattack88

Jan 9, 2020
    Westminster
    Idk what the hell was up with that mosin i just saw the tag and walk way. Didn’t really care to look very hard. I saw the yugo sks i was pretty nice but the chinese sks were high priced basically all the surplus was high priced i don’t care about anything else. The k43s were nice to see didn’t ask for what he wanted i knew it be too high for my budget. There was a last ditch type 99 they wanted 550 for it just got one a month ago for 200. The only thing i would have gotten was a sportirized k98, but it was to far gone it wasn’t matching numbers and i would have spent to much to get it back to military configuration. So instead i bought my son on of those training grenades, didn’t get a rifle but a grenade is good enough.

VRC Racing

MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2009
    Ijamsville
    Enjoyed the show today. Saw a nicew colt SP1 AR for $2500. TO bad no sale to MD resident. I also saw a nice West German PK1 with holster and orginal bpx for $795. I was this close to picking it up.

Correction:
    On to Howard next week and York end of the month.

-Russ

Last edited:

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    From the looks of things i really shouldn't waste my time going eh?

It all depends upon what you're looking for.

Seems like the milsurps that were there were overpriced, as was ammo.

I didn't see any of what would probably be considered 'Tier 1' ARs, the best I saw were Anderson LPKs and lowers, but I wasn't really looking at them.

OTOH, if you're looking to buy (or just look at) handguns, shotguns, old and new hunting rifles, old lever actions, knives, holsters, magazines of all kinds (the MagMan was there as usual), etc; there was plenty to see.

D.77f150

Jun 1, 2017
    Union bridge
    It all depends upon what you're looking for.

Seems like the milsurps that were there were overpriced, as was ammo.

I didn't see any of what would probably be considered 'Tier 1' ARs, the best I saw were Anderson LPKs and lowers, but I wasn't really looking at them.

OTOH, if you're looking to buy (or just look at) handguns, shotguns, old and new hunting rifles, old lever actions, knives, holsters, magazines of all kinds (the MagMan was there as usual), etc; there was plenty to see.
    Honestly have been looking for a lever action for a while, but prices have seemed like everything else to be rather high.

Any chance you looked at a few while there?

I really appreciate the heads up!

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Honestly have been looking for a lever action for a while, but prices have seemed like everything else to be rather high.

Any chance you looked at a few while there?

I really appreciate the heads up!

I looked at some, but not very closely, so I only remember a few details.

There was a guy in the middle of the right side, he had two Remington era Marlins on the table lying side by side. I don't remember the calibers, but one was $900-something and I believe the other was $1100-something.

There was an older gentleman with another table at the end of a row that had an assortment of older rifles arranged all around the end, like fanned-out. There were a few lever actions there but I don't remember seeing tags on them.

Sorry, that probably doesn't help much.

I noticed several people were not putting tags on their guns, or not putting prices on the tags, only stock numbers.

DeerbybowDena

Jul 27, 2021
    MD
    Enjoyed the show today. Saw a nicew colt SP1 AR for $2500. TO bad no sale to MD resident. I also saw a nice West German PK1 with holster and orginal bpx for $795. I was this close to picking it up.

On to Dulles next week.

-Russ
    thats the show where the deals are IMHO.... pa shows as well as lack lister md shows are just overpriced. Chantilly always has the best selection and prices as well as Md legal ARs..... just my .02

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008

Correction:
    On to Howard next week and York end of the month.

-Russ

That SP1 was very nice. Little pricy, but I love the simple lightweight design of the original ar15. Same dealer had a really sweet 03 Springfield.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I went Sunday. York and Gettysburg Gun shows always go well for me. I never fail to find something I need, want or could use at either. Often find ideas on mods and other things to do with my weapons

I learned years ago that the only smart way to decide about a gun show is to go to it. If it's crap, don't return. Nobody else has the same interests as me, nobody else can give me an idea how the show would go for me and I certainly wouldn't want others looking at guns or related anything else for me (and find them gone when I get there). Besides, dealers don't bring their entire inventory to shows. Pays to talk with them

No good reasons to count on others over whether to go or not

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom