• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Ahh, age related memory issues. Now that you mention it, I remember that it is in one big room. Thanks for jogging the old memory. :lol:

Lol, I was confused because I was sure you had been to Gettysburg before.

I made a joke long ago when it was very rainy about making some tracks in their muddy lot and you were not amused. ;)

SavageShooter

Jan 10, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    Ah gonna have to miss it. I'll be at Maple Grove Dragway just below Reading watching the nitromethane burning Top Fuel Dragsters and Funny Cars running 330+ miles per hour! Much more loud noise and fun!

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Do vendors typically buy ammo? I have some 40 S&W and 30.06 I inherited I’m looking to get rid of.

I tried that a couple of years ago when ammo was hard to find in stores or online. I had a lot of one caliber and was looking for something different.

One vendor was selling ammo at panic prices (about 3 times pre panic price), and offered me 50% of pre panic price for pristine, sealed boxes of the same thing he was selling (which he was running low on, btw).

Then he was willing to take that money I would have gotten from the deal and sell me more of his panic price ammo in another caliber.

So, about a 600% profit for him on the first deal and 300% on the second. Other offers were typical.

You may find better results by talking to someone who is just selling small amounts on the side of their firearms display, versus tables of just ammo. I was fed up after a few inquiries and didn't ask again.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    LOL. I've run into that kind of dealer many a time over the years but I'm an arsehole so I screw with them. On more than one occasion, I've offered to go home, get a rifle out of a safe, and bring it back in for them if they'd give me 1/2 of what they are asking. Every single time, they were done with the conversation. Now, there are many dealers out there who are great guys, a large majority in fact. But there are just enough idiots to provide fun for other idiots like myself!

Last edited:

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    Has anything changed with out of state long gun purchases where MD is concerned? I assume as long as buying from an FFL and legal to own in MD, that is still good to go?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom