• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Straightbolt

unindicted co-conspirator
    Apr 4, 2015
    The 'Burbs
    If you have a pistol ghost gun you built years ago that now needs a serial # added to be legal do you need to have a Maryland HQL license to do this ?. What would you expect to pay to have a serial # added to a pistol ?

beetles

MDS Supporter
    Dec 19, 2021
    If you have a pistol ghost gun you built years ago that now needs a serial # added to be legal do you need to have a Maryland HQL license to do this ?. What would you expect to pay to have a serial # added to a pistol ?
    For a single pistol, a common competitive rate is $35/each, less if you have a large order.

Straightbolt

unindicted co-conspirator
    Apr 4, 2015
    The 'Burbs
    Thank you for the info....I will relay this to my friend who asked. Sadly all my ghost guns were lost in a tragic boating accident 2 years ago.

TRON 2.0

Free light cycle rides
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 13, 2011
    PG county
    What dates do we have to have serial numbers on guns of the spiritual type by? Or is it truly required?

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    I think inread on here something about having a serial # on it, you don't have to register with maryland? I haven't searched hard, is that correct?

safegunners

Aug 21, 2016
    Smithsburg MD
    What were the dreaded Ghost Guns called before?

Unserialized, kits?

Ghost gun is the political term ….

giphy.gif

Poop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    I think inread on here something about having a serial # on it, you don't have to register with maryland? I haven't searched hard, is that correct?
    The FFL who serialized mine said that the FFL method is here to stay. And need not be registered with the state. The Maryland method stops being valid 08/2022 and must be registered with Maryland.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    I was under the impression that the MD registration was required before 03/23. The Federal requirements kick in tomorrow, so that method for engraving appears to be all that the ffl's/serializers will do after today or tomorrow. You have until 03/23 to register them with MD to be legal here and they must have serial numbers engraved per one or the other spec.

aervin

May 11, 2015
    The MD standard for serializations ends on 8/23/2022. That method is the only one that requires registering with MSP. The ATF standard is all that you'll be able to get on/after 8/24/2022 but does not require registration with MSP. All unserialized PMFs in Maryland will have to be serialized before 3/1/2023.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    I think it's the other way around
    This new law requires personal identification numbers for all unserialized firearms and unfinished frames and receivers, commonly referred to as ghost guns or build kits.

And those who get these guns and parts through inheritance, after June 1, will be required to comply with the above marking requirement by the 30th day after inheriting the firearms.

Beginning June 1, 2022, a person who currently owns these guns, will be required to have each marked with a personal identification number. The deadline to complete this new requirement is March 1.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Wasn't one of the big selling points of a "ghost gun" to have a gun the government doesn't know about in case they get confiscation happy? I wonder how many people serializing home-builds have "molon labe" stickers on something.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    Wasn't one of the big selling points of a "ghost gun" to have a gun the government doesn't know about in case they get confiscation happy? I wonder how many people serializing home-builds have "molon labe" stickers on something.

This 100%. As human beings, we have certain inalienable rights; rights many a Patriot refuse to relinquish no matter the king's edict. I would refer anyone mulling over this topic to study the words of Jefferson regarding the power of government.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scooby225

Latest threads

Top Bottom