• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DavidA

The Master of Disaster
    Dec 6, 2013
    Annapolis
    Over the last 10 years I have purchased one pre 2013 AR 15 and then three (3) AR 15's and four (4) AR 10'S . One of the AR15's is a 80% lower built by my son , which has a 18" bull barrel. The other two built AR15's are built on registered lowers. One is a 20" Bull barreled AR 15 in 223. The other is a 24" semi bull in 264 LBC.

Of the four AR 10's one is built on a registered lower (308 win) and the other three are 80% builds, one 308 win , two (2) 260 Rem. So the questions is what do I have to do as Delaware passed its ghost gun bill on 10-21-21 . And Maryland just passed its ghost gun bill. Two of the AR 10 ghost guns, both the 260 Rem are currently in my house in Delaware. The other two ghost guns are at my home here in Maryland. The 223 AR15 is my son's build and a 308 win I built. All of these ghost guns are 80% lowers.

As I understand it, in Maryland Sales of 80% ends June 1 2022. I am required to go to a MD FFL and have the lowers serialized and registered before March of 2023 . After that, possession of these rifles is illegal punishable by as much as 2 years in jail and then suspension of my right to own any fire arms. Basically confiscate all my rifles. Correct me on this.

For the guns that are stored in Delaware, what are my options? I have I bolt rifle , and three AR,s down there of which the two 260 Remingtons are non serialized 80% lowers. My take is that the ctrl Delaware bill was signed on 10-20-21 and that its provisions went into affect 90 days after the bill was signed. So technically, it is law now. It does reference that the guns must be engraved with the Manufacturer and a serial number, and that it must be logged by the manufacturer per serialization of a fire arm in 18 USC.

So does this mean if I serialize these two riffles myself and then keep records per this standard, since I am the manufacturer, that I am within the law. Or does it have to be registered with a FFL.

What do you beleive is my best course of action here. I Should I just bring them back to MD and have them serialized and registered by an FFL here and be done with it.

It's always something.

Or should

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

DavidA

The Master of Disaster
    Dec 6, 2013
    Annapolis
    I suggest you head over to this thread where we've been talking about this for weeks.

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=262929
    Thanks . Took a while to scan most of the thread. So by the time you pay for the engraving and all the ******** , you could probably just buy a stripped lower. Now I'll search for threads on the Delaware law.

They are demented thinking this will stop the slaughter drug dealers and gangs. I guess they can say they did something. Until they just ban all fire arms. I thought it would happen in MD but I never thought in Delaware.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    That is not even remotely the purpose of this law,,,,

Thanks . Took a while to scan most of the thread. So by the time you pay for the engraving and all the ******** , you could probably just buy a stripped lower. Now I'll search for threads on the Delaware law.

They are demented thinking this will stop the slaughter drug dealers and gangs. I guess they can say they did something. Until they just ban all fire arms. I thought it would happen in MD but I never thought in Delaware.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Thanks . Took a while to scan most of the thread. So by the time you pay for the engraving and all the ******** , you could probably just buy a stripped lower.
    That's how I'm going to work it. I just don't think it's going to be cost effective to try to do it any other way.

DavidA

The Master of Disaster
    Dec 6, 2013
    Annapolis
    Off course not. That is just the premise they use as a justification for ucerping your 2nd Amendment rights. It is just thr crawl of events to at some point come to confiscation

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    That is not even remotely the purpose of this law,,,,

Half think it’ll stop school shootings. Most of that same half and a few others think it’ll cut down on inner city crime. The rest are all about control.

The true believers, though misguided are the most dangerous

KingClown

SOmething Witty
    Jul 29, 2020
    Deep Blue MD
    Just bought a boat. Took it out with everything to do some water training. Damn thing flipped. Got it back mostly unscathed luckily the motor still ran after we righted it. But gosh darn now I have no pew pews left. Time to start building the collection again. Next time I will know to spread the weight instead of putting them all on one side.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Congress makes the laws….not a make believe POTUS!
    CA5E9CE3-3F69-49E3-863B-3D6E73CB57F1.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom