• Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    Ghost Rocket trigger control connector for Glock

I did it .... typical man thing.

Need no stinking instructions :innocent0

Thought it was drop-in :sad20:

Re-assembled gun, it won't fire ... and of course ... I cannot disassemble it :lol2:

Thought I could just change it after cleaning the gun while watching TV. :lol:

.... quick look, aaaahhhhh needs to be trimmed ... :innocent0

Now I got to take the firing pin out to be able to disassemble the gun and trim the Rocket .... tomorrow .... :party29:

My manhood took a hit ... damn manuals ....:lol2::sad20::lol::sad20:

Last edited:

mrozowjj

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle-ish WA
    Yeah you need the orange slide plate cover to install the rocket so you can fire the trigger from the rear with the glock punch. I have no idea if you can take the gun apart now.

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    I have all the parts. You can take the gun apart by cocking the slide open, then you can release the striker and take the back cover off. Yes it is easier with the orange half back cover. Mine was just super tight and I was not able to put it in so I thought I can do without.

Since I know have to try tot ake some material off of the CTC tab, see if it fires, then take some more off etc. until it fires I wiull put the orange cover in.

Again, would have been no problem had I read the instructions BEFORE, or even the description for the Rocket completely I would have known that it was not drop-in but needed to be made fit.

Hate not to finish when I do something with my guns and have them laying around disfunctional.

I don't need no stinking manuals ...

cindy_3.jpg

2218655624_61b2cbbaca.jpg

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    You can still reach the trigger bar/sear with a pic or small flat screwdriver slipped between the stock cover and frame, just push it down to drop the striker and take the gun apart. The orange 1/2 backing plate just makes it easier to reach.

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    well I took it apart about 15 times tonight. Cut the CTC down a little bit each time and unable to fire. I am VERY unpatient and that is exactly the reason I do not use a file or even the Dremel, just using sandpaper because normally I would just go at it and sand down too much. But tonight my hands got tired, put the old OEM CTC back in and called it day. Will finish it next weekend.

mrozowjj

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle-ish WA
    well I took it apart about 15 times tonight. Cut the CTC down a little bit each time and unable to fire. I am VERY unpatient and that is exactly the reason I do not use a file or even the Dremel, just using sandpaper because normally I would just go at it and sand down too much. But tonight my hands got tired, put the old OEM CTC back in and called it day. Will finish it next weekend.

I saw a video on the net that demonstrated that when you are getting close the gun will fire with a magazine in the gun but not without it. So when you're dry firing to see if you've removed enough insert a mag. If it will fire with the mag but not without it you know you are getting close.

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    great tip thanks, watched about 4 vids but didn't see that one. In all the vids they made maybe two adjustments but also used a Dremel or similar grinder. My feeling is I would lose the advantage of the Rocket if I go too agressive. It is slow but hopefully the result will be "TIGHT" :party29:

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    anywho, another weekend spent carefully sanding and then ... finally broke out a file ... enough is enough.

Instructions said to take "maybe" the tickness of the instructions pamphlet off. I sanded and filed the stem at least 20 times, each time with gun assembly etc. It definitely took shortening the stem by 3-4 mm in my gun to work. It is now working nicley, I hope I have a chance to try it out soon.

Last edited:

squirrels

Who cooks for you?
    Jan 25, 2008
    What do these do?

It makes the the trigger break MUCH lighter than factory. I have one in my 17.

The part that's giving him a problem is a small tab of metal that stops the trigger from moving backward...the idea behind it is that it prevents the trigger from over-traveling, but it has to be "smithed" for each individual gun. File too much off and you have overtravel. Don't file enough off and you can't depress the trigger far enough to fire.

As I remember, we just popped the back-plate off of the slide to get the thing apart. Watch for flying springs. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom