• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    I'm all for new technology. Why be critical of a device that may serve a purpose for somebody, in this case, senior citizens and the handicapped? I'm no spring chicken, so it may have some practicality for me and others. True, if a robbery occurred one would not have its use, but for target practice, why not?

Add on: The thought occurred to me that this brace might prevent someone from dropping their firearm by accident. A positive.

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    Beer Braces are great! I have two of them! :party29:

I have the hands free version...well, except for reloading...:lol2:

beer-helmet-thinking-cap-double-beer-can-hat-32.jpg

51bBS-L2e2L._AC_UL160_SR160,160_.jpg

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Fair enough, it does look pretty hokey.

For some folks with stability, or strength issues that already own a Glock, this might be a viable option for them.

This product is already sold out, so if anyone is interested, you have plenty of time to consider it.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    A strap-on for a man?

Millennials, the thoroughbreds of texting, may lag behind previous generations when it comes to old-fashioned hand strength.

In a study of Americans ages 20-34, occupational therapists found that men younger than 30 have significantly weaker hand grips than their counterparts in 1985 did. The same was true of women ages 20-24, according to the study published online by the Journal of Hand Therapy a few months back.

Congrats to a Generation Fop.

http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2016/06/13/481590997/millennials-may-be-losing-their-grip

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Not only is it pretty unnecessary, it's over priced, even as a novelty ($55).

I'm seeing it being discussed more widely now in the gun community, and it's still sold out.

I want one for the same reason I purchased a few infamous Serpa holsters; to gain real experience for myself and not just read/regurgitate what others say. It may help with instructing the young, old, or anyone that might have a weak grip or wrist/arm strength. I can also see a possible advantage for larger caliber Glocks (I.e .45, 10mm); and people who legally convert their G19/17 to full auto (like the G18).

It's such a simple design, I bet we see others (like how there are a few copycats of the Sig brace), in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom