• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • damosan

Feb 21, 2009
    Anyone have any experience with any of the various .22LR conversion kits for Glocks?

I have a G-21 that I really like to shoot but .45 costing as much as it does kind of limits me. I'd like to get a good conversion kit but there are several of them out there.

Side Topic: I've noticed places online that sell .45 ACP from Wolf -- how does that stuff shoot? I don't reload so having a steel case doesn't matter much to me.

CobraMike

Back in Black
    Mar 30, 2008
    Frederick
    I have an Advantage Arms kit for my G17. I like it alot. It is pretty picky on what ammo you use though. I've shot CCI with out a hitch, but havent had much luck with Winchester Dynapoints. The manufacturer recommends not using Federal, PMC, or Remington Thunderbolts.

Falkus

Dating Scarlett Johansson
    Feb 26, 2007
    Undisclosed location
    I have an Advantage Arms kit for my G17. I like it alot. It is pretty picky on what ammo you use though. I've shot CCI with out a hitch, but havent had much luck with Winchester Dynapoints. The manufacturer recommends not using Federal, PMC, or Remington Thunderbolts.

from AA WEBSITE: http://www.advantagearms.com/default.aspx?tabid=56

We highly recommend Remington "Golden Bullets" for everyday plinking and CCI MiniMags or Federal Automatch for better accuracy.

K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    Anyone have any experience with any of the various .22LR conversion kits for Glocks?

I have a G-21 that I really like to shoot but .45 costing as much as it does kind of limits me. I'd like to get a good conversion kit but there are several of them out there.

Side Topic: I've noticed places online that sell .45 ACP from Wolf -- how does that stuff shoot? I don't reload so having a steel case doesn't matter much to me.

Back when I had a Glock 27, I also had the Advantage Arms kit. It really worked well with the Mini-mags. I also liked the extra recoil. Back then, the instructions said to use hi-velocity 22.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Conversion

I have the G19-G23 AA conversion for my 23c, works without a hitch. I wonder if the Ciener magazines that hold more rounds, I believe 15, would work with the AA kit?

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    Here's mine on a Glock 17. I like it with the suppressor. Runs cheap Remmy Golden Bullet ammo without a hitch.

CIMG2868-1.jpg

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    from AA WEBSITE: http://www.advantagearms.com/default.aspx?tabid=56

We highly recommend Remington "Golden Bullets" for everyday plinking and CCI MiniMags or Federal Automatch for better accuracy.

Is it just me or is there something wrong with how their website says:

"
    8 weeks backordered...
    8 weeks backordered...
    8 weeks backordered...
    8 weeks backordered...
    8 weeks backordered...
    8 weeks backordered...
    8 weeks backordered...
    8 weeks backordered...

BUY NOW"

Users who are viewing this thread