Glock 42 vs. Glock 43, What's Your Opinion?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I collect Glocks but the Sig 365 is the better CCW piece, between the two though it’s the 43 for ammo availability and prices.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    I collect Glocks but the Sig 365 is the better CCW piece, between the two though it’s the 43 for ammo availability and prices.
    Agree on both counts and I think if you are carrying it for self defense, the 9mm is a better choice for effectiveness. My 43 is a 43x mos and I do carry it or the Sig, more often the Sig.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Neither one is better because they are 2 different pistols. The 42 is a .380 and smaller. The 43 is a 9mm and bigger.

Target Sports USA

Industry Partner
    Nov 22, 2022
    I have handled, but never fired a G42. With my XL hands, the G43 is a hard no. Maybe the lower recoil of .380 would work for me.
    That being said, my carry gun is a G43x.
    G43x is a solid choice. The G42 has extended mags that help with the grip if you wanted to give it a try.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    I briefly considered the g42 as a deep concealment 380 option, but after looking at the Ruger LCP Max, the Ruger became the obvious option for my 380 needs.

I'd argue neither the G42 or G43 are true pocket pistols. The g43X is a great option if you run the Shield mags.

I know the P365 is the best option from a form factor/capacity standpoint, but I personally don't trust Sig to the same degree i trust Glock

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    The 42 is basically an oversized mouse gun, the 42 is a small service pistol. The 42 can be a good choice for some that want less recoil and a shootable small pistol. Smaller 380s or more powerful 9's of the same size are a better choice for most. The 43 out of the box is bordering on being obsolete among the new crop of small doublestacks in it's class, but the doublestack shield mags make it competitive. Really IMO 2 different designs for 2 different markets

dannyp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 30, 2018
    I carry a lc9 as a pocket pistol and a 43x iwb. they both will do the job .

jef955

MDS Supporter
    Feb 26, 2011
    Maryland
    Neither one is better because they are 2 different pistols. The 42 is a .380 and smaller. The 43 is a 9mm and bigger.
    I think this hits it right on the head.. Any gun in 380 just puts you in a smaller/lighter overall gun compared to a 9mm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom