• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    We have a few different threads about them, but all a little old. What's the general consensus on these? Worth the money? Ammo finicky? All of my semi-autos are Glocks so having the cheaper trainer is worth it to me if the gun is well made.

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    I've heard nothing but good things. I think Glock did their homework before they released this especially with all the aftermarket solutions that are available.

I’ve shot it works well with plinking ammo.

Personally I think the metal/plastic slide is chintzy but it runs great. Not sure what kind of warranty Glock has if you ever have issues with it.

It’s a great companion if you love Glocks. I think the TX22 tops it for capacity and configurations. However if you want a 22 Glock that mimics your G19 look no further.

jef955

MDS Supporter
    Feb 26, 2011
    Maryland
    Me and the wife recently bought and sold some stuff - I'll share our rundown of recent new purchases. I bought the G44, did the 25 cent trigger job, and installed a factory 3.5 lb connector. Its settled in as a VERY smooth typical Glock trigger sitting a little under 7 lb. It runs like a top, eats any of the cheapest trash that fits in a 22 caliber hole, and it's a blast with the Promag 18 rounders. I only load to 15 rounds - no issues with them either. They are god awful to load to 18 rounds though. I've found slipping a piece of stiff wire through the side and using that to compress the follower definitely helps. Someone is selling a loader on Amazon for the 44 mag, I tried and returned - it slipped past the tabs on the outside of the magazine. I'm hoping Maglula is listening.

For a short, brief comparison, she got the P322 and likes it. Great sights, reliability has been good overall, and an excellent light 4 lb trigger.

Taurus TX22 has also been great. Replaced the sights with Lakeline fiber optic and can't recommend them enough. Also a light striker trigger.

I love my 44, it's great for a trainer with the 19 (I have 3 19's) and it's really been the most non ammo picky I think of any 22 I've ever had, which has been a good number. If Glock would only make a 15 rounder for it, but typical Glock - the aftermarket took care for them..

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Interesting info all, thank you. FWIW, my G19 is a Gen 3 with an extended mag release and an extended slide release. Any idea if those could be added to the G44? I know the mag release might be tricky.

jef955

MDS Supporter
    Feb 26, 2011
    Maryland
    Interesting info all, thank you. FWIW, my G19 is a Gen 3 with an extended mag release and an extended slide release. Any idea if those could be added to the G44? I know the mag release might be tricky.
    Sorry I just got back to this, from best I can tell, all the parts on the G44 are Gen 5, or at least the interchangable ones - which to me seem like the majority are.

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    Per Glock staff (at the DE GSSF match), the Gen 5 extended slide release can be added. It will rub a little at first. Then he pulled out a purple G44 with 10K rounds on it. An had my kids shoot it on the plate rack.

I already had a G44 there for the match. Kids had put 1K each before the match. So, they knew the platform. They liked the mods so much that at the next GSSF match I had the Glock Armour put the Gen 5 slide release on mine.

I was shown one "trick" for the G44. After you load the magazine, turn it upside down and release the spring pressure. It sets the rounds nose high. Jams with HP rounds (Federal) dropped 95%. The other 5% the kids were having turned out to be a magazine.

Now, the truth nobody wants to hear. Unless you're shooting GSSF matches or just a Glock nut. The G44 isn't worth it. For less money you can buy an aftermarket conversion upper that holds more rounds. So, you have a trainer with all the same feel and trigger pull.

Or buy a less expensive and more accurate .22LR pistol.

Oh, an $21 for an OEM 10 round magazine.

Attachments

• 78026038-90F9-4A5B-AC94-B1B1C58FCB03.jpeg
      78026038-90F9-4A5B-AC94-B1B1C58FCB03.jpeg
      389.5 KB · Views: 70
    • 8BA2E873-BC0A-4F9E-8DB8-E1C765962205.jpeg
      8BA2E873-BC0A-4F9E-8DB8-E1C765962205.jpeg
      731.1 KB · Views: 69
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads