• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    I searched but couldnt find a review on here. Ive had one for a while now. I like it but i also dont know much about knives. Any thoughts, opinions, expierences?

RaVis

Oi!
    Jun 19, 2011
    Fun knives. Light weight and quick in the hand. Steep edge angle so they're hard to keep sharp but it makes sense for "field" work. I think they use spring steel on those and I've seen a few blades broken due to misuse. Tangs don't run full-length in the handle and I've seen a few broken there too. But, if you're a Glock aficionado? Why not? Mid-$30s. Right? They'll definitely work. I think the reason why we see a few of them broken because people abuse 'em because they're "cheap": throw them and dig with them and such.

images

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    So overall they are a pretty good nice then? I like mine so far but i havent really put it to much use. I would like to get it sharper. The sheath is kinda annoying to get in a good spot on my gear to be able to quickly draw.

RaVis

Oi!
    Jun 19, 2011
    So overall they are a pretty good nice then? I like mine so far but i havent really put it to much use. I would like to get it sharper. The sheath is kinda annoying to get in a good spot on my gear to be able to quickly draw.

Yeah. I'd say they're a good value. They remind me of "our" M3 Paratrooper/Fighting knife.

I like the sheath. I like sheaths that are designed to cover the blade as compactly as possible. I don't like bulky sheaths. I think some field uniforms in European militaries have pockets on the trousers specifically for a knife of this type. I guess you could do the commando thing (or whatever) and strap it upside on your chest rig. ;)

Danketch71

Mar 28, 2009
    THe city that bleeds
    I almost got one of these,because the price is nice, and Glock branded, but then I found out they weren't full tangs. I have given up on all knives that aren't full tang, full-strength knives after having a 1/2-3/4 tang relatively cheap knife break in my hand (almost cutting the f! out of me) while doing food prep. No folders or half(ass) tangs for me.

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    Not a bad knife . I bought one for my son for camping . I changed the grind on the blade and I filed down the keeper that retains the knife in the sheath so it is easier to get out but still holds it enough to where it won't bounce out .

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Yeah. I'd say they're a good value. They remind me of "our" M3 Paratrooper/Fighting knife.

I like the sheath. I like sheaths that are designed to cover the blade as compactly as possible. I don't like bulky sheaths. I think some field uniforms in European militaries have pockets on the trousers specifically for a knife of this type. I guess you could do the commando thing (or whatever) and strap it upside on your chest rig. ;)

On my old chest rig i had a good quick and easy spot for it. Now i dont. Im still figuring it out though.

RaVis

Oi!
    Jun 19, 2011
    I almost got one of these,because the price is nice, and Glock branded, but then I found out they weren't full tangs. I have given up on all knives that aren't full tang, full-strength knives after having a 1/2-3/4 tang relatively cheap knife break in my hand (almost cutting the f! out of me) while doing food prep. No folders or half(ass) tangs for me.

So... just full tang knives that require scales for a handle? Or, are you ok with rat's tail tangs which are still full length? Something like what you'd find on a Ka-bar knife.

RaVis

Oi!
    Jun 19, 2011
    On my old chest rig i had a good quick and easy spot for it. Now i dont. Im still figuring it out though.

I'd have recommended a kydex sheath to optimize your carry options. However, I think the sheath would cost you as much as the knife (if not more). Maybe touch base with gunrunner and he'll make you something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom