• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    So, long story short. Went pew-pew on Sunday. Basically mangled up the sights on my 31 slide when I went dual-wield on the steel in the pistol pit. (It was fun, and I was hitting steel with both, so bite me...)

Leaves me with the question of "Which way do I go?", I could put the crap-tastic factory plastic sights (replacements) on, and likely ruin those again somewhere in the future. Or just go with aftermarket sights.

Ideas/opinions?

highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side
    Based on the way you use your firearm you might not need sights.

If you want them for look I'd go with metal versions of the standard glock sights. Cheap but not too cheap.

highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side
    Or maybe theses

Attachments

• IMG_0187.jpg
      IMG_0187.jpg
      82.6 KB · Views: 306

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    "I don't always dual-wield, but when I do, I actually hit my target."

Heads down my friends.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    all my glocks have warren/sevigny competition sights, wide rear notch, fiber optic front, gives fast target acquisition.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    all my glocks have warren/sevigny competition sights, wide rear notch, fiber optic front, gives fast target acquisition.

Warren/Sevigny here but I went with Carry sights.

Any of their offerings are top notch and I wish they had more for different firearms.

RCH

Will work for ammo.
    Mar 18, 2007
    PG County
    Ummm Mopar, are not the TFX Pros made by Truglo?

I am getting ready to pick up a pair of Trijicon HD XR for my Glock 19 and 20.

judah7

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 18, 2017
    Or maybe theses

Lmao homeboy brand side mounted sights. That's awesome.

But if you notice alot of cops hold there guns at a similar angle for whatever reason. Not as extreme as the gangster angle but very similar from what I've seen.

Jollyllama

Ultimate Member
    Apr 9, 2012
    Carroll county
    I like ameriglos. tend to be less expensive than trijicons, but use trijicon vials. really like the idiot pros, but that is a preference thing. these are comparable to my sig X-ray front sights, which i really like.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    I have one with the TruGlo TFX Pros and one with Wilson Combat sights. I really like both, but for different reason. Both are very solid sight setups. :thumbsup:

The way you shoot, I'd look at the Wilson Combat sights.. lol

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    I first swapped my trashtic plastic sights for factory Glock steel sights(Was $25 or something from Glock). Ran them about a year and replaced them with factory Glock Night sights(about $60)

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Trijicon front and factory rear night sight on my G34. Front lights up great. Looks good during the day too.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    You can buy used, take-off sights for pretty cheap on forums. On my carry Glock 19, I have the Glock OEM night sights made by Mepro. They're $57 plus tax and shipping straight from Glock. On my backup 19, I have Warren Sevigny carry sights that came on it from the previous owner. I've considered ditching my second set of night sights for some fiber optic ones since it's kind of pointless to have multiple sets of night sights. That's a lot of money literally radioactively decaying.

You can also buy the non-tritium steel sights from them here.
    https://us.glock.com/customer-service/downloadable-materials

I'm going to get some Dawsons for my 40 MOS, probably the blacked out rear and red fiber optic front. If you buy a set from them, they'll let you switch out the front sights for free if you need to adjust your POI.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    The factory Glock night sights are made by Meprolight.

That's what I have.
    A non-IP with stores in Rockville & Silver Spring runs a special on them twice a year during their Glock Days promotion. I took in my 17 & 19 and he hooked me up right there on the spot. He also gave both guns a once over and popped a new spring in the 17 for no charge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom