• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tenn870

Jun 14, 2010
    Western MD
    I have a Glock 19 Gen5 barrel from a Glock 19 MOS that I replaced with a threaded barrel. I have recently been getting into polymer 80’s and am wondering if I can use my Glock 19 Gen5 barrel in the polymer 80. I’ve read conflicting posts so could really use some solid info. Thank you in advance.

TripleEight

Apr 2, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I have a Glock 19 Gen5 barrel from a Glock 19 MOS that I replaced with a threaded barrel. I have recently been getting into polymer 80’s and am wondering if I can use my Glock 19 Gen5 barrel in the polymer 80. I’ve read conflicting posts so could really use some solid info. Thank you in advance.

P80s are made to be compatible with gen 3 parts. The gen 5 19 barrel is compatible with gen 3 slides, so you should not have any issues if you use a gen 3 slide with your barrel.
    Not sure about gen 4 or 5 slides. At a minimum they would require dremelling out more space on the p80 frame for the front of the slide where the guide rod goes. That part of the slide is larger on gen 4/5 slides.

outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter
    P80s are made to be compatible with gen 3 parts. The gen 5 19 barrel is compatible with gen 3 slides, so you should not have any issues if you use a gen 3 slide with your barrel.
    Not sure about gen 4 or 5 slides. At a minimum they would require dremelling out more space on the p80 frame for the front of the slide where the guide rod goes. That part of the slide is larger on gen 4/5 slides.
    Yes, P80s can only use gen3 slides.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom