• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    I have a CR920 Elite and it really shoots nice. It is so light and balances so well. Unlike my P365x, I can shoot a mag and know that the slide is locked open because the balance shifts. I don't have another pistol that does that including Glocks. I have only put about 100 rounds through it so far and it has been flawless. I don't know if you are looking for a subcompact or the larger MR or DR though.

ETA: The trigger does have a long pull and it could be smoother, no better or worse than the Sig. Both have yet to be fired enough to determine if they need work. I honestly expected more from SS being a "custom" gun.

Last edited:

easy

Nov 25, 2011
    SEOK
    I have a Dagger compact(19G3 clone). Shoots fine, I pull it to the low left a bit. Mag springs a quite stout, hopefully they'll loosen up after some use. The squared trigger guard doesn't fit any of my holsters.

Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    Amongst the Deplorables, SC.
    I have a Dagger compact(19G3 clone). Shoots fine, I pull it to the low left a bit. Mag springs a quite stout, hopefully they'll loosen up after some use. The squared trigger guard doesn't fit any of my holsters.
    Hold your shooting thumb tighter. Like really hold it down to the ball of your support thumb and frame of the pistol. See those hits shift to the red.

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    Shooting low/left is an indication you may be anticipating the shot. The only cure for me was lots more shooting with a handgun. It is pretty common, too.

outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter
    Shooting low/left is an indication you may be anticipating the shot. The only cure for me was lots more shooting with a handgun. It is pretty common, too.
    ^^^This
    The one thing that got me over that was lots of shooting and perfecting my grip(which can be fleeting at times). Once your grip is where it needs to be, you will no longer care or worry about recoil. The gun will return to your original point of aim after each shot. RDSs really helped me achieve this.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Does the dagger have the same grip angle as the G19?
    Good question.
    I have been 100% Glock until I got my first Sig (P365x) last month and this is the only problem I have had to deal with, oh shoots left a bit but I am thinking the red dot thing needs adjustment. Yeah, my first , heck I'm not even sure what the common name for that optic is. reflex someth...

chiming in because I hear the PSA is a good shooter?

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    ^^^This
    The one thing that got me over that was lots of shooting and perfecting my grip(which can be fleeting at times). Once your grip is where it needs to be, you will no longer care or worry about recoil. The gun will return to your original point of aim after each shot. RDSs really helped me achieve this.

Would I look bad if I asked what an RDS is?

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Watched a dude's Shadow Systems go full-auto on Tuesday night because he put a Timney trigger in it.

I don't have a beef with Glock-alikes, and actually love them, but understand they're not truly Glocks.

Last edited:

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    What do you think caused the 'burst'? Bad cruciform/striker interface or a bump fire? Those Timneys are very touchy.
    No idea, but the likelihood that it was a bump was somewhat minimal - this was an experienced competitor who knew what happened right away. I also tempt fate by running a Timney in my steel CCF race frame, but haven't had the same delightful experience (yet?).

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    If the trigger is very light with a short reset and the shooter's grip is weak, full auto is a possibility. Not much different than a bumpstock in how it works, especially if limp-wristing is involved.
    I had a few doubles on my P-64 after installing a Wolff spring kit which lightened the SA trigger pull to about a pound and a half. Worked on how I grip the gun for a while, but was not comfortable that it would not continue to happen.
    Installed the original hammer spring after that and still had only a 3 pound SA trigger pull. I will deal with the 15+ pound DA trigger pull to stay safe.
    With only 6+1, gotta make every shot count.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom