• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ProShooter

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2008
    Richmond, Va
    Received this morning from Glock:

On September 6, 2011, GLOCK Inc. will begin voluntarily exchanging the recoil spring assembly (RSA) on its new Gen4 pistols shipped since 2009 GLOCK’s product development team has modified various elements of the RSA to ensure each pistol’s performance meets the company’s demanding standards. With several variations of the RSA in the market today, GLOCK’s goal with this voluntary exchange is to standardize the RSA to gain the best possible performance in each pistol.

Armorers should note that Gen4 G26 and G27 models will not require a modified recoil spring.

The new RSA’s all have unique markings on the base of the part. The enclosed chart is designed to help you readily identify the correct RSA for your pistol.

Unless a directive is mandated by your agency or your store, the replacement of the Gen4 pistol’s RSA can be performed as part of the regular field-strip process. Agencies or Consumer’s wishing to participate in the exchange program at no charge are urged to call 1-877-745-8523 to order their new RSA.

For more information on the details of the exchange program, visit www.TEAMGLOCK.com.

download.php

Hdgmedic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2011
    Wow! So, I guess it really is a problem and not necessarily a limp-wristing issue. I got a Gen4 19 for my spouse as a gift (Surprise!!! ). She definitely doesn't limp wrist. We'll have to see if it's a problem for her when I give it to her.

K Train

PARATROOPER
    Jul 25, 2008
    FREEEEEE AT LAST!!!
    I called last year and got the spring for a 'just in case' so far I still haven't used it with my gen4 17. Have over 5k rounds through the pistol, still have not cleaned it since I got it and still running like a top.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I'm glad to see this. Glock has always been a stand up company and went way above and beyond the one time I needed them.

Funbrit

May 28, 2008
    Rockville
    One thing is discouraging is the fact it has to of been purchased prior to July 22 of this year. I purchased mine at the Engage sale two weeks later so it seems I'm not eligible for a replacement based on this date.

Dogabutila

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2010
    That's what the link in the previous post indicates. Not sure how they enforce it but...

Right. Cause I'm here thinking that mine works just fine. But if I give them mine and get the other one.... What happens if the other one doesn't work for whatever odd reason?

ProShooter

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2008
    Richmond, Va
    Right. Cause I'm here thinking that mine works just fine. But if I give them mine and get the other one.... What happens if the other one doesn't work for whatever odd reason?

Just because its working now doesnt mean that you won't have a problem down the road.

Exchange the part and enjoy!

rglrguy

Dec 15, 2010
    Harford
    What is the change that they made to the spring assembly? Is it a lighter spring? I'm getting failures to hold open when using 115gr target ammo with all my mags on my g19 and think the heavy spring could be the problem. Thoughts?

ProShooter

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2008
    Richmond, Va
    What is the change that they made to the spring assembly? Is it a lighter spring? I'm getting failures to hold open when using 115gr target ammo with all my mags on my g19 and think the heavy spring could be the problem. Thoughts?

I haven't actually seen one of the new RSA's in person to compare so I can't speak to it....sorry.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I witnessed issues with the gen 4 recoil.assemblies right off the bat. How testing and engineering didnt blows my mind.

Good to see them finally doing something about it.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    My Gen 4 is working fine with 2000 rounds. Should I get the new spring anyway?

No, wait until it ruins your Saturday at the range with it :o Yes, even if you have to pay for it why wait until it poops out on you wasting ever so precious free time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom