• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    Sorry if this is a dupe, I did search first. Thought it was something every glock user should be aware of.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    It's not just Glock's. Any firearm carried OWB hip has the potential to have that happen.

Simple solution, lose the drawstrings/lanyards. They can be more of a liability than an asset. Or use your weak hand to expose the mouth of the holster to ensure no items other than your sidearm enter the holster while re-holstering.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Bad holster not glocks fault nor the jacket

Has nothing to do with the holster. Has EVERYTHING to do with incompetent and irresponsible reholstering. 2 hands were needed to reholster. That left support hand needs to sweep back/clear/lift up that jacket and anything else away from the holster mouth when dropping that pistol back in.
    Irresponsible handling.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Has nothing to do with the holster. Has EVERYTHING to do with incompetent and irresponsible reholstering. 2 hands were needed to reholster. That left support hand needs to sweep back/clear/lift up that jacket and anything else away from the holster mouth when dropping that pistol back in.
    Irresponsible handling.

:thumbsup: SHotguns also have a defect where if you chamber a round, turn off the safety, aim it at your head, and put your toe on the trigger...it may result in a shortened music career.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    ...I will add that this is pretty much the only thing I like about the xd's grip safety. If you press your thumb on the back of the slide, it keeps the slide in battery as you holster and takes pressure off the grip safety, reducing the liklihood of this happeneing if you're an idiot.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    :thumbsup: SHotguns also have a defect where if you chamber a round, turn off the safety, aim it at your head, and put your toe on the trigger...it may result in a shortened music career.

This is why I'm not a big shotgun guy :D One shouldn't try climbing up a shotgun like it's a stripper pole :thumbsup:

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006

To be fair, the alternative was to wake up next to Courtney Love the next morning.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    Irresponsible handling.

:thumbsup:

ThawMyTongue

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2009
    Dublin, OH
    So Glocks are defective in that if you use something to pull the trigger the gun will fire??? Oh the humanity!!!

I belly laughed... and now I feel a twinge of guilt... :D

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Also aplies to most other striker fired guns with safeties incorperated into the trigger. And with a bit more effort of working at it , it's been known to happen to DA/SA autos , and even DA revolvers.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    that gonna leave a mark.

i've seen it so many times at local matches too.. people are in a hurry to holster and not paying attention to what is around the holsters and dont bother to move things around to have proper holstering.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    That is the correct use and example of the term "accidental discharge"...now, if we could just teach that to the media. :)

I've only ever seen maybe 3 or 4 in my lifetime including that one and they were cook offs from overheated barrels. Rare opportunity for folks to see what the difference is between negligent and accidental when discussing unintended discharges.

Holy shit.

That's exactly what I said! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom