• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    I am looking to barrow glock tools around laplata. I just got a glock 19 and 23 and would like to change out the rear sight for an adjustable, if anyone has one they will let me barrow or come over and we can replace my sights. I do not want to buy the sights until i fine someone that can/ will loan me the tools

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I know someone that has them in Waldorf. I should be able to borrow the tools.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    I have used the punch to install rear sights and i am not a big fan. the sight tools are smoother with less chance of damage to the slide or sights. I am. Not sure of the sights i want And if i get some of the night sights, they have glass in them and it could be broken by the punch

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    does anyone have the factory adjustable sights?

These are the ones I am thinking about.

K.C.Dean

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Buds Creek
    I just ordered some truglo sights for a Glock 26 gen 4. I am looking for someone that can help me or I can pay someone to install them. I live in Buds Creek area is anyone near me? LaPlata, Waldorf, Leonardtown would be good. Thanks!

beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    I just ordered some truglo sights for a Glock 26 gen 4. I am looking for someone that can help me or I can pay someone to install them. I live in Buds Creek area is anyone near me? LaPlata, Waldorf, Leonardtown would be good. Thanks!

You might try Cromwell's Firearms in Great Mills. He did mine for me.

K.C.Dean

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Buds Creek
    I have decided to buy the tools to change the sights on my Glock 26. I appreciate all the offers to help me. The rear sight pusher range in prices but I found one on the Glockstore web site for $60.00. I will post how I do when I get everything. Here is a video of the pusher I am getting.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Fair enough, do what you want. I used a nylon tipped punch and there is ZERO chance of breaking anything with nylon.

-Jim

I too use a nylon punch and have never damages anything. But I will tell you, I had a Glock 17 that had a VERY stubborn rear sight. It took some time to break it free. I have heard of loktite being used to hold the sights. So maybe that's what it was. I've replaced 4 rear sights in this fashion with no damage.

YMMV

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    jeez guys, just use a wooden dowel and a hammer to push old sights out and new sights in. did two glocks recently, about a minute each. just keep the dowel as low as you can so you don't shear off the sights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom