• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Marksman

The best/cheapest places to shop in SOMD "close to the base" are Bob's Sunoco or Cromwell's in no particular order.

Second tier would be Accurate Guns and Ammo.

I am sure there are some small FFL's that I do not know about.

I would only shop at the Tackle Box for guns if it was the last gun shop on earth.

You beat me to it. Tackle Box is not the place to go. For Glocks in St Mary's County, I'd go see Cromwell or Bob's Sunoco.

Koran

Jul 2, 2013
    The Glock website give you information about the Blue Program. These Glocks are made specifically for this program with specific serial numbers. The closest place we found that participated from the Glock list was in Baltimore and their release was 90 days plus a waiver. When Husband bought his they only had 1 Glock 19. No other models in that program. This is only our experience but the dealer said that Glock specially makes certain serial numbers for this program and when they get them in, they get what Glock sends so you pick from what they have at the time. Again, this is just our experience but I would check the Glock site for more info and direction on their program. Email through the Glock website and they email you back the authorized blue program dealers in Maryland for you to choose from. I will tell you it is absolutely worth it if you can get your hands on one.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    The Glock website give you information about the Blue Program. These Glocks are made specifically for this program with specific serial numbers. The closest place we found that participated from the Glock list was in Baltimore and their release was 90 days plus a waiver. When Husband bought his they only had 1 Glock 19. No other models in that program. This is only our experience but the dealer said that Glock specially makes certain serial numbers for this program and when they get them in, they get what Glock sends so you pick from what they have at the time. Again, this is just our experience but I would check the Glock site for more info and direction on their program. Email through the Glock website and they email you back the authorized blue program dealers in Maryland for you to choose from. I will tell you it is absolutely worth it if you can get your hands on one.

This 'Blue Program' is called the "LEO" or "Homeland Defense" program.
    These pistols are no different than any other Glock pistol (no special serial numbers, etc.) except that they have three (3) "standard capacity" magazines in the "Tupperware Box", where the "Red Label" Glocks have two (2) "standard capacity" magazines.
    The "White Label" Glocks have two (2) 10 round magazines in the "Tupperware Box".

Those persons 'entitled' to participate in the "Blue Label" Glocks are (just a few examples):
    LEO (active and retired, with ID)
    Firefighters (active and retired, with ID)
    Military (active and retired, with ID)
    Judges, lawyers
    Civilians that are multi-year members of GSSF (Glock Sport Shooting Foundation)
    There are others, but, I don't recall. Sorry.

The above mentioned individuals get a decent discount from Glock, through participating "Glock Stocking Dealers" on the "Blue Label" Glocks.

ejholt

Feb 6, 2013
    Glock Blue Label

Worth-A-Shot in Millersville, MD has Glocks in stock and they release on the 8th day! I did the paperwork on one yesterday:party29:

mranaya

Task Force Sunny, 2009
    Jun 19, 2011
    Hanover MD
    Worth-A-Shot in Millersville, MD has Glocks in stock and they release on the 8th day! I did the paperwork on one yesterday:party29:

Worth-a-Shot participates in the Blue-Label program for all first responders, including Mil, retired-Mil, Police, Fire, etc. They seem to get restocked on Blue-label Glocks pretty quickly. Very patient and helpful owners and employees (put up with my finicky nonsense a couple of times). My wife is also going to get training with them next month. They have a good menu of courses, both in-class and live fire, and a partnership with On Target for the live-fire portions.

They also have a good selection of Glocks for non-first responder customers.

Gunny1998

(This Space for Rent)
    Apr 20, 2013
    St. Marys County
    The best/cheapest places to shop in SOMD "close to the base" are Bob's Sunoco or Cromwell's in no particular order.

Second tier would be Accurate Guns and Ammo.

I am sure there are some small FFL's that I do not know about.

I would only shop at the Tackle Box for guns if it was the last gun shop on earth.

Given the "close to base" qual, I'd go to Cromwell's long before Bob's.

That said, I just bought a 19C at Accurate Guns and Ammo. Didn't have one on the shelf, he ordered it Monday, in store Thursday (last week) and pick up this weekend. 11 mile drive from where I live (17 from base) - well worth the drive for the price and exceptional service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom