• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • C.Alls

Nov 9, 2013
    Well I ordered a Tikka CTR in 260 today! Anyone have experience with the round? I ordered the 140 grain Hybrid bullets and some Lapua brass to start with. Their BC is listed at .618! I was using my CZ 527 Varmint in 204 ruger to get my start into longer range shooting and pesting. I believe I will miss the CZ's single set trigger but from what I hear the Tikka trigger will be awesome too.

So did I make a good choice? I hope I don't regret selling the .204 :sad20:

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Well I ordered a Tikka CTR in 260 today! Anyone have experience with the round? I ordered the 140 grain Hybrid bullets and some Lapua brass to start with. Their BC is listed at .618! I was using my CZ 527 Varmint in 204 ruger to get my start into longer range shooting and pesting. I believe I will miss the CZ's single set trigger but from what I hear the Tikka trigger will be awesome too.

So did I make a good choice? I hope I don't regret selling the .204 :sad20:

Can't speak to the round, but the CTR is a top-notch rifle by all accounts. Seems like the best rifle in its price range and an excellent choice to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    The .260 Remmy is awesome! Makes the .308 look silly and has the same ballistics as the 300WM. All at a fraction of the kick. What's not to like?

I shoot 130 and 142gr HPBTs using H4350.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I can't speak directly to the Tika, but they are made by Sako and the Sako Forrester I picked up about a week or so ago has a trigger I am in love with. Nice and light, zero creep unknown yet if it is better than my CVA wolf trigger, but it is at least as good. Boot is very nice too.

C.Alls

Nov 9, 2013
    Thanks everyone. I'm hoping to get the optics mounted and some shooting done by next weekend.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Love the round.

142gr on top of H4350, pure win. So predictable it's ALMOST boring.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    The Nosler ABLR 142gr is listed as a .719 G1 bc (IIRC), hard to find them in stock, but they shoot well - in my rifle anyways.

Broncolou

Jan 22, 2013
    Parkton MD
    I have the CTR in 260...... not one bad thing to say. About 500 rounds through mine before putting in a chassis and the factory recoil lug was still good and tight. Factory trigger is nice. I have mine down to about 2 1/2#'s (cheap trigger scale). I have gotten .76" groups at 200 yrds with nosler 123 Custom Comps over Varget. Still working on 140 Amax load. I started getting them dialed and when I put it in the Chassis it opened up my 123gr groups 1/2"ish. I need to check for a 3rd time tomorrow before running another ladder.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom