• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    http://theweek.com/bullpen/column/240499/what-i-learned-at-the-gun-show

Just thought I'd share. It seems pretty balanced to me and even reports some things favorably towards us (like the spotty enforcement of current laws). The only mistake I can see is that not all of the 80k people denied a firearm committed a crime in doing so. Not all of them lied on their Form 4473's. Even so, 44 is an absurdly low number of prosecutions.

GasTerp09

Major League Gas Passer
    Dec 3, 2011
    Towson, MD
    http://theweek.com/bullpen/column/240499/what-i-learned-at-the-gun-show

Just thought I'd share. It seems pretty balanced to me and even reports some things favorably towards us (like the spotty enforcement of current laws). The only mistake I can see is that not all of the 80k people denied a firearm committed a crime in doing so. Not all of them lied on their Form 4473's. Even so, 44 is an absurdly low number of prosecutions.

At least he took the time to go to gun show and see what people thought and get some perspective. Too bad political extremism keep others from seeking a true understanding of something before proposing ridiculous legislation.

bones2586

Living the madness
    Jul 14, 2011
    SoMD
    Last show I attended there was a camera crew there interviewing folks at random. Not sure of the station/media affiliate, but the guy being interviewed was holding a AR-15, talking about the different characteristics of it.

Would be nice to get some positive attention from the media, supporting law abiding firearms owners, while pinging on the criminal element.

tenex

Oct 23, 2008
    Yeah, not too bad considering the total lack of knowledge of the author. How is it possible that any weekly would want to publish this VERY basic stuff? I'd think everyone would be past this level by now. Jeez!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom