• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    I hope they do it. Seriously.

Only when it affects EVERY/Most every gun owner will there be forced change.
    Going after/banning items less frequently owned will not "rally the masses". Examples would be...bump stocks...pistol braces....80% frames....
    This ban would affect MOST and that would be a good thing for gun owners.
    Only when the crossing of the line is so blatant will people ban together against a ban. Until then, they will say " it doesn't affect me".

It didn't happen the last time something similar to this passed and was enacted. Damn sure won't happen now. The law abiding will continue to abide by the law, the outlaws (of all ilk) will defy it.

As a concept: It's a damn shame when honest hard working people who just want to not be bothered have more in common (legally) with street thugs than a legal citizen

Georges2nd

Aug 30, 2022
    Upper marlboro
    It goes way beyond that. It wants all semi-auto pistols to have integrated magazines that hold <10 rounds.

I like how they spell out the "Specifically Exempt" guns and then spell out all the non-semi operated guns they could think of. Of COURSE they'd be exempt...they aren't semi autos, which is what your bill is supposed to be aimed at!
    looks like Australia and new Zealand combined

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I wonder if the inevitable anti-COTUS SCOTUS will be quick to undo these rulings.

They can’t just undo them on a whim, they’d still need a case to work its way all the way up to SCOTUS. Just like our side, it would take years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    The whole " That was back then , but we need to change things to protect people today " thing
    I agree with them in a different way. Yes we need to change bc of the ways things are today. So we should enact the following laws:
    Mass incarberation of the criminal class.
    Borders completely sealed.
    People must be in education or work program to receive welfare.
    Welfare runs out after 12 months.
    Youth who commit crimes will be caned upon arrest.

That would be a good start to turning things around.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    They can’t just undo them on a whim, they’d still need a case to work its way all the way up to SCOTUS. Just like our side, it would take years

Can SCOTUS take whatever case they want that reaches them when they want?

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland

Any gun case that got brought would be fast tracked. I have no idea of the proper channels cases run in so what follows may be normal, unusual or wrong but I’d expect the gun cases to go to the front of the line, get quick rulings against us and then our appeals would be fast tracked, skipping panels to go straight to en-banc with fast turn around rulings against us. We’d appeal to SCOTUS with same effect. Yes, still probably years but likely only a few not the ten it takes us for every thing we bring that gets to SCOTUS.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Wow, 24 views on this crap. We can see the people want these infringements. :rolleyes:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    So we should enact the following laws:
    Mass incarberation of the criminal class.
    Borders completely sealed.
    People must be in education or work program to receive welfare.
    Welfare runs out after 12 months.
    Youth who commit crimes will be caned upon arrest.

Good ideas .

But the thing is , those are all Old Guy concepts . It's the new generations who have turned their back on those , and are all about Equity , social justice , DEI , and restiritive bs instead .

I get it . There are the handfull of particular old politicians we'd be better off with them not in office or political leadership .

But they're not that way because they're old . They're severely out of step with their age cohort , and are espousing the ideas and concepts of the young .

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    SAFE would be, getting, and keeping all the actual violent criminal sh1tbags off the street and leaving all the actual law-abiding-citizens alone. that is common-sense gun control right there!

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    It doesn't matter, though - ultimately, this will never pass. Not when it bans basically every gun being manufactured today.
    oh i wouldn't bet that it wouldn't pass, for sure. could and would it be overturned in 5-10 years, probably, but that is a long time to be without guns or be a criminal (to include jail time) for having guns.

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    Election year stunt. I'll assume it will never come to a vote in the house.

owldo

Ultimate Member
    GFY acronym ...

330136.png

MattFinals718

Nov 23, 2022
    Arlington, VA
    oh i wouldn't bet that it wouldn't pass, for sure. could and would it be overturned in 5-10 years, probably, but that is a long time to be without guns or be a criminal (to include jail time) for having guns.

How? Who's going to vote for it in the House? Will the House even bring it to the floor for a vote?

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    How? Who's going to vote for it in the House? Will the House even bring it to the floor for a vote?
    Most likely the House will bury it in committee, and it will never see a floor vote, no matter what the Senate does. And when the current Congress ends in January, 2025, the Senate bill dies and has to be reintroduced and passed anew, assuming the Ds still own the Senate, which they may not after the 2024 election, or it can re-originate in the House if the Ds take that chamber, which they very well might.

Jul 1, 2012
    Actually Handguns are 15 rds or less.

Rifles & Shotguns are 10 rds or less .

Added for poor humor :

That sound you hear in the background is the tooling up for replica Red Nines .

The other sound in the background , is George Kelgren both dusting off the blueprints to the Grendel , and busily up sizing the design .
    time to bring back the Dardick Model 1500...

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    GOSAFE failed Unanimous Consent vote today.

It will be back though in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom