• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!
    Fired my first 6 reloads today. Everything worked as designed, gun and shooter are still in one piece. :draw:

Attachments

• 1st 6 reloads.jpg
      1st 6 reloads.jpg
      84.8 KB · Views: 305
    Last edited:

OldSchool1959

MDS Supporter
    Feb 9, 2012
    Anne Arundel County
    Congrats. I hope to lose my virginity while keeping my fingers early next week. I'm flaring .38 cases and calibrating my powder measure this evening. Got my bullets and primers from Powder Valley this afternoon. Giggity, giggity.

Edited to say Nice Emoticon!

Last edited:
    Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!
    Next Moths Episode By GNLaFrance: "Learning To Cast My Own Bullets"

:lol2: As if. That would require negotiating an exclusive space out on the covered porch, because the smell alone would mean banishment from the (teeny, tiny) Man Cave or the basement. And just because I own this place and pay the mortgage and all the utilities, maintenance, and upkeep means doo-doo squat when it comes to having my way around here. I'm getting one of those t-shirts that says YES, DEAR in 100 point bold san serif.

lawrencewendall

Been There, Done That
    Oct 10, 2009
    :lol2: As if. That would require negotiating an exclusive space out on the covered porch, because the smell alone would mean banishment from the (teeny, tiny) Man Cave or the basement. And just because I own this place and pay the mortgage and all the utilities, maintenance, and upkeep means doo-doo squat when it comes to having my way around here. I'm getting one of those t-shirts that says YES, DEAR in 100 point bold san serif.

:lol2::lol2::lol2::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    You done good, GNLaFrance. :thumbsup: Welcome to the "third leg" of the stool: "Shooting your guns, cleaning your guns and reloading for your guns". Sooner or later you'll reload for more calibers. One day you'll place better shots with your loads than you get with factory ammo. You'll smile because "you DID build that"!

Les Gawlik

Ultimate Member
    Apr 2, 2009
    Nice job. I am interested in making/reloading .300 Blackout. There should be an almost unlimited supply of 5.56.

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    That's cool! If I hadn't heard the siren call of black powder, re-loading was my next challenge. I can't say I would shoot any better!

bulletmen

Alpha Bravo Mfg
    Jun 6, 2011
    Hanover Pa
    Welcome to the club :)
    The 38 Spl is a good one to load for .Bullet weights from 90-200 grs.Not as much free or cheap brass around as in the "good old days" since the PDs are all packing 9mm or for-tays.

Started loaded 30-30 and 38 spl long ago.Still one of my faves.

Remember,take your time and no distractions in the loading room.
    No smoking cigars when the powder is out !

www.bulletmen.com

OldSchool1959

MDS Supporter
    Feb 9, 2012
    Anne Arundel County
    No longer a virgin...

I just got back from shooting my first 25 rounds of .45 ACP and 24 rounds of .38 special. I now know about the trepidation before the first pull of the trigger - twice. Less than five seconds after my sixth shot out of the Model 64, the target shuttle in the lane next to me hit the floor. It wasn't me, seriously. :innocent0
    The .38s I loaded functioned great albeit smokier than the factory loads I've been shooting and all but one of the .45s shot great, fed, cycled and ejected perfectly. I racked the dud out and saw a good primer strike but no ignition. I'll pull the bullet later and see what's up.
    .38 load was fresh Winchester brass, Win SP primer, 158 gr. flat nose over 3.1 grains of Bullseye. Shot from my group buy S&W Model 64.
    .45 load was reloaded 1x fired Federal brass, Win LP primer, 200 gr. XTP over 5.4 grains of Bullseye. Shot from my Glock 30.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    I haven't been reloading long enough (~3 years) to forget the first time I pulled the trigger on some ammo I reloaded. I actually considered wearing a welder's mask. :lol2: (Now, in my defense, my first reloading attempt was for a .50 Beowulf; the potential was there to blow myself up.)

Congratulations. :thumbsup:

Now you need a chronograph to get a good feel for what your reloads are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom