• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kmb

Ultimate Member
    Jul 20, 2011
    Brown sounds dumb. I know bc he is. Can we get someone who is a newscaster who doesn't say 'um' every other word? BS on MoCo schools. Stop moving kids around and bus them in from areas to make 'white' communities more diverse. Actually confirm addresses of those who attend schools. Brown makes me want to puke. How is this guy effective in the Reserves?

kmb

Ultimate Member
    Jul 20, 2011
    Hogan said he's not going to roll back SB281 and that he wants more done for gun control. Ugh. WTF. He needed better rebuttal for gun ownership.

csanc123

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    Montgomery County
    He needed better rebuttal for gun ownership.

This....given the BS hoopla over the commericals and SB281 I'm uncertain why he wasn't more prepared with facts....

- Sb-281 does nothing to help reduce crime
    - MSP head was forced to support this travesty
    - it was an emotional response devoid of any evidence based legislation.
    - How does Brown reconcile his continuous touting of his military service with his desire to disarm the populace (restricting their rights)

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    If you have been paying attention to some of the other threads about Hogan's stance on gun control, you would understand his comments. He's playing it close to the vest. Defend against Brown's all-out lies, but don't give any fodder for them to use against him. My opinion, which really means nothing, is that you can bitch about Hogan not showing his cards if you want, but we already know that Brown is all for MORE gun control... and not the kind that is to our( the gun community) liking. And... I type slow so sorry if I am duplicating other's posts...

rant over...

BTW... ANYONE BUT BROWN. PERIOD.

ETA: I am sure if there were statistics to show the effectiveness of SB 281, one or both would be using them to prove a point. To my knowledge, there are no statistics that offer proof, one way or the other...

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I feel like I just wasted an hour of my life. The moderating was awful. The questions were awful. The format was awful. Assuming people paying close attention to the race were tuned in (very likely) nobody actually learned anything. Hogan was not specific enough to KO Brown, and allowed Brown's generic pandering to continue. Hogan tried to play by the rules, I think a tactical mistake (usually people ignore questions somewhat and take the answers in their own direction, which Brown did but Hogan did not do that much). Hogan also mostly stuck to the time, which Brown did not do. You talk until cut off. We saw a little of the condescending Brown, but not a lot. Hogan got a few good punches in but really did not corner Brown.

Not sure who won, but I definitely lost.

magnetic1

Jun 21, 2013
    Montgomery County
    This....given the BS hoopla over the commericals and SB281 I'm uncertain why he wasn't more prepared with facts....

- Sb-281 does nothing to help reduce crime
    - MSP head was forced to support this travesty
    - it was an emotional response devoid of any evidence based legislation.
    - How does Brown reconcile his continuous touting of his military service with his desire to disarm the populace (restricting their rights)

Maybe saving it for the last debate so Brown has no good research on rebuttal.

kmb

Ultimate Member
    Jul 20, 2011
    I am paying attention to the guys that approached Hogan and Hogan said today he never talked to someone about SB281 and included that he doesn't know what the WaPo reporter heard in a chat room.

My other issue with Brown touting his Iraq record was giving orders to troops implied combat action. Did Brown see combat? Being in Iraq (as an advisor/JAG) and fighting in Iraq are two ENTIRELY different things. I've never heard of a JAG-off being in combat nor can I find anything about Brown having been in combat. If he was in combat, I'll give it credit and kudos to him if he won a fire-fight and made it back with all his troops. However, if he's using his time in Iraq as some sort of false combat story used to make him look better in his closing remarks, he should be strung up for BS'ing everyone.

kmb

Ultimate Member
    Jul 20, 2011
    Hogan does not want to tie his hands as far as statements made during the debates.

He did ok, not great IMO.

Agreed. Especially on economics of the State. Brown couldn't talk his way out of the mess.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Hogan does not want to tie his hands as far as statements made during the debates.

He did ok, not great IMO.

Hogan missed a significant number of opportunities to nail Brown. When the subject of small businesses came up, Hogan should have rolled out his NFIB endorsement.

This debate, both made so many mistakes I'd call it another tie.

csanc123

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Hogan missed a significant number of opportunities to nail Brown. When the subject of small businesses came up, Hogan should have rolled out his NFIB endorsement.

This debate, both made so many mistakes I'd call it another tie.

This....this was an opportunity to make some help hits given the relatively free flow format. Who knows how rigid and calculated the next debate is going to be....

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The Post reporter once again tried to pin down Hogan on the alleged promises he made to "gun activists" about loosening of "gun laws". He did manage to get the focus changed but the point was made I'm afraid. we'll see.

Hogan needs a sustained assault!
    THIS

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    Not listening/watching, but IMO Hogan is doing what he thinks he has to.

But, what I'd like to hear (to close the issue), is that he understands the concerns on both sides, is aware of his options as Gov, and will be considering all possibilities once elected. Then, emphasize that there are more critical issues right now, and move on to taxes and jobs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom