• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tjiann

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2022
    AACo
    Just an FYI, Graf's has Swiss BP back in stock if you're looking for any. Their shipping and Hazmat fees are reasonable for a decent order. It's been a while since I've been able to find Swiss as far as BP goes, much less fouling than the German powder IMO.

Last edited:

The Saint

Black Powder Nerd/Resident Junk Collector
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 10, 2021
    Baltimore County
    I have plenty of Swiss 3F hanging around that I'm not using if you need some...I bought a case of it a while ago and simply am not using real BP in much of anything outside of flinters anymore, and that's because I have no choice, so I don't use 3F for anything anymore.

tjiann

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2022
    AACo
    I have plenty of Swiss 3F hanging around that I'm not using if you need some...I bought a case of it a while ago and simply am not using real BP in much of anything outside of flinters anymore, and that's because I have no choice, so I don't use 3F for anything anymore.
    Okay. I'll hit you up next time I'm at the shop. I mostly bought 1.5F from Graf's to use with my Pritchett cartridges for my 53 Enfield. That stuffs been hard to find.

The Saint

BANNED!!!
    Dec 10, 2021
    Baltimore County
    Ever since I discovered American Pioneer Powder, there's nothing else that can even compete with it for being as clean, cost effective, reliable, and accurate for my uses in both for muzzleloading and cartridge. Never thought I'd overwhelmingly like a substitute more than the "original"...but it's a world of difference in how much I have to clean after shooting with not a single con that I can think of. Also have a fair bit of Goex 2F if you're needing some of that, I really only need a few lbs...not as much as I have.

tjiann

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2022
    AACo
    Ever since I discovered American Pioneer Powder, there's nothing else that can even compete with it for being as clean, cost effective, reliable, and accurate for my uses in both for muzzleloading and cartridge. Never thought I'd overwhelmingly like a substitute more than the "original"...but it's a world of difference in how much I have to clean after shooting with not a single con that I can think of. Also have a fair bit of Goex 2F if you're needing some of that, I really only need a few lbs...not as much as I have.
    I bought some APP from you in 2F and 3F. I plan to do a comparison of the 2F to the Swiss 1.5F in some of my Enfield cartridges to see how they compare.

The Saint

BANNED!!!
    Dec 10, 2021
    Baltimore County
    I used 60gr of 2F in my original for the test shots when I restored it, and it shot consistent and clean for about the 20-25 shots I put into it. Cleanup was extremely easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom