• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VWTurbo

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2010
    Perry Hall
    Saw this come across on facebook. New company selling cases with custom cut foam. Only issue I can see with this is that it would result in the rifle being upside down in the case and I understand that is not optimal. Is it a huge concern?

Case is 59.99 with custom cut foam for an ar and mags plus 10 dollar discount code "Facebook". after shipping 62.99.
    Patriot cases
    http://patriotcases.net/product/ar-case/

sale ends tomorrow so if anyone wants to chime in on my question so I can order one

Ok. I got my case this afternoon and have done what I consider to be a thorough once over on it. My initial thoughts are as follows:
    1. Shipping, once on its way was very quick.
    2. Packaging was good and arrived as intended.
    3. upon initial inspection the hinges are typical of plano style cases with overlaps that keep it from tweeking if overloaded or if there are "odd" contours
    phone755_zps7e0c6aef.jpg

4. Foam is very well cut and both positive and negative foam is included to allow for some additional customization
    phone762_zps3638b121.jpg

5. Allows for various size rifles with various attachments. Could be modified a little more to fit 18" barrel with muzzle device or would fit perfect with muzzle device removed. Includes a spot for a suppressor so if I were to remove the break it would fit fine and have a spot to store said device or a suppressor. 16" ar57 and 16" sig 556 fit just fine. accomodates various stocks as well as grips (note the palm shelf grip from ergo would require some additional customization)
    phone772_zps30add8ae.jpg

phone768_zpse86d1c88.jpg

phone763_zpsdc058512.jpg

phone764_zps6f0611c1.jpg

6. I would not recommend standing on it or throwing it around. I rode it down the steps and it survived (just kidding) but I did put the equipment into it and shake it and raise it up and drop it (still holding the handle) and no movement inside of any of the stuff.
    7. I did get the MDShooters decal included with mine and it was longer than the location by an inch or so and not as tall so I opted to trim it to fit just the decal which will get flanked by some other stickers.
    phone776_zps8b9bee7c.jpg

All in all, I am pleased with the case. I would recommend it to someone that wants something that can be thrown into the car/truck without caring too much about the contents or throwing it on the ground at the range without it getting dirty. It will lock and has multiple locations (none reinforced) so I wouldn't expect it to be inpenetrable, but may work for flying (I personally wouldn't, but you could). As said by others that have gotten it, it isn't a pelican case but the semi-custom foam appears to provide a little extra protection over just the egg crate foam. I don't have a plano case to compare it to unfortunately but based on what I have seen, the texture of this case and the way that it is formed the x-pattern likely adds considerable
    rigidity over the cheap plano case, but again, I wouldn't stand on it but I do think you could lay your other range equipment on it without issue. YMMV
    Looks::thumbsup:
    Interior::thumbsup:
    Customization::thumbsup:
    Size: Good for up to 18", anything over may require some changes depending upon muzzle device

Last edited:

Bravo757

Stand In The Gap
    Apr 5, 2013
    Hagerstown
    So long as your sight s or scope ain't hitting the inside of the case your good unside down - right side out.. The problems start when the foam is that real mushy stuff that won't hold the weight of your rifle and then the foam crushes and its essentially letting your scope bounce off the inside bottom of the case. The foam her looks like good stuff - call 'em and ask what density the foam is. The denser the better. Thanks for the post

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Only issue I can see with this is that it would result in the rifle being upside down in the case and I understand that is not optimal. Is it a huge concern?
    I lol'd when I read that. "My rifle is battle ready for SHTF situations, but please do not store it upside down in foam!!!"

Looks like an interesting new option for a travel case, anyways.

VWTurbo

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2010
    Perry Hall
    For those that saw this, great, for those that see this, even better.
    I will be running a group buy on these with the md shooters logo on them and the price is even better. Just going to wait and see if the quality meets the sniff test and we will be a go.

iHasCrabs

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2011
    Blue POint Crab House
    I will be running a group buy on these with the md shooters logo on them and the price is even better. Just going to wait and see if the quality meets the sniff test and we will be a go.

oo i was about to order one but maybe ill just wait for the group buy

roady

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2012
    Eastern Shore

I would be interested in the group buy.

iHasCrabs

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2011
    Blue POint Crab House
    I sent a message to the owner with a problem on the coupon code before i saw the group buy info and he called me back while he was cooking dinner for his family. Super nice guy and seemed like a stand up guy on the phone and I think if we get 25 AR cases teh price is awesome.

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD

I'll look forward to it..

Atec

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    Maryland

I am in for a group buy ! 15.99 is a great deal :innocent0:lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom