• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • a81lp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 15, 2008
    stupid ?, as i dont know anything about AR's, this is everything you need except the "lower"? and will it work with any lower? im think about building one, and this looks like it would be the way to go....

a81lp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 15, 2008
    thank you, guess ill have to make a phone call on the 3rd, do they have a website?

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    :party29: Wow!!!

That looks hard to beat! I got a stag lower for $125 and now $599 for the rest of it. Add a mag and you will be able to get a Stag AR for under $750. :party29:

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    Here is another person with parts kits for a stripped lower:
    http://jtdistributing.net/store/kits_all.html
    Has anyone every head of this guy? I search on Google and he came up about 7th in the list of links.

Prices seem competitive.

J&T Distributing is the parent company of Doublestar Corp. J&T sells kits minus the lower while DSC sells complete rifles to police and military. They make a very good AR http://www.star15.com/rifles.html

I built the 16" A2 OD furniture is a complete kit I got before thanksgiving on a DSC lower I got from GC. I'm very pleased with this entire DSC AR!!! The 2nd build I just finished on Christmas night...its a JTD Upper on a SA lower. I haven't shot it yet. The current wait on J&TD is @ 12 weeks

another reputable company is Del-Ton. If you look them up on ARFCom, you'll see that they get very HIGH PRAISE from their customers and have a strong customer loyalty. Thier wait time is 16 weeks.

http://www.del-ton.com/

Attachments

• DoubleStar OD Green 2 002X.JPG
      DoubleStar OD Green 2 002X.JPG
      76.5 KB · Views: 422
    • Superior Arms 1X.JPG
      Superior Arms 1X.JPG
      55.4 KB · Views: 429

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Not to bad, though dont count the guys at J&T out. While there order wait may be 12 weeks I bet they have plenty of inventory at the next Chantilly gunshow.

I am finishing up a standard A2 kit with heavy chrome lined barrel I got from them for $520 and it is good looking stuff hope it shoots as well.

Of course that is a flattop with M4 barrel profile a little more premium than my base model.

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    site acting wierd for you too? i was having trouble getting PMs to send (had to reenter recipient several times). This place usually runs smooth as anything.

a81lp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 15, 2008
    im going to order one the kits on ar15.com, i figure with the long ass wait thatll leave me plenty of time to find a lower. guess ill drop a line in the dealler section and see who has one.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    im going to order one the kits on ar15.com, i figure with the long ass wait thatll leave me plenty of time to find a lower. guess ill drop a line in the dealler section and see who has one.

If you don't want to pay out the WAAZOO....check out Essential Arms ($100) and Aim Surplus...have Superior Arms ($85) and CMMG ($?). Hey at least the have 'em.

BTW....GREAT KIT!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom