• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jake4now

Not Disapproved
    Jul 20, 2022
    Baltimore County MD
    I just got a Holosun HE507C-GR-X2 Green Dot Reflex Sight, ACSS Vulcan Reticle at the recommendation of a friend. Once I got it mounted and looked through it, it looks blurry, I picked up my Vortex Viper and the red dot was crisp. I checked it again the next morning and while it was still blurry, it wasn't as bad as at the end of the day when my eyes were fatigued. I talked to my buddy who recommended it, and he said that he sent the green ones back because it was too blurry, but the red one was just fine. Has anyone else experienced this with the green and was the red better for you?

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Look at the reticle with the camera of your phone (focused) and see if it looks blurry. I think you will be surprised, but at least you'll confirm if it's you or your optic.

Jake4now

Not Disapproved
    Jul 20, 2022
    Baltimore County MD
    I will do that. I should have been clearer in the first post, it's more of a double image rather than blurry. I saw a review on Amazon with a similar problem with an included picture

I have already accepted the fact that my eyes aren't what they once were, but I'm hoping that if I exchange it for the red one, I will have less of the ghosting issue.

jeh

Sep 1, 2022
    MoCo
    I would take erwos' advice. I had a similar issue with mine (the slightest starburst) and thought it was an issue with the sight. Turns out it is my eyes and this is how I found out I have a slight astigmatism. I would be interested to hear your experience with the red vs. the green.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Look at the reticle with the camera of your phone (focused) and see if it looks blurry. I think you will be surprised, but at least you'll confirm if it's you or your optic.
    Odd. When I look through my cell cam, the dot is large and blurry, yet crystal clear with the naked eye. I think my camera has astigmatism...

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    When I got mine (same model but red dot), it was blurry, I thought it was my eyes. I tried it again and again, letting it fall asleep and then picking it up. Still no change. I took out the battery and put it back in and never had a problem since. Try it.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Thanks all for the suggestions, I tried them all, and it's my eyes. I think I will send it back for a red one to see if the color makes any difference.
    Very interesting because my problem is exactly the opposite. I seem to pick up and track Green Dot sights better than Red Dot sights. I was at Maryland Elite Firearms one day and was describing my inability to properly see red dots to Dan and he suggested I try a green dot. I reluctantly went with his advice but I have never looked back since. It goes to show how different everyone is!

I hope you solve the problem when you get your new red dot. Do let us know how it all turns out.

Cal68

JasonD67

Jan 23, 2021
    Annapolis
    Grren dots are supposed to be better for astigmatism, according to the internet experts. I have astigmatism and don't really notice a big difference personally.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    Grren dots are supposed to be better for astigmatism, according to the internet experts. I have astigmatism and don't really notice a big difference personally.
    I found this to be personally untrue.

Everyone seems to have a different experience, but for me it's pretty inconsistent. Holographics and reflex style sights work well for me in general. With red dots, I have had bad luck with the Trijicon MRO and Aimpoint PRO, but my friends cheapy Sig Romeo5 and my wifes Vortex Crossfire II? Crystal clear. I have an Aimpoint T2 that looks near perfect to my eyes.

The trijicon MRO was a green dot and was literally unusable to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom