• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • n00b

Jul 21, 2010
    New guy here, grew up in Bodymore, recently transplanted to good ol' carroll county. Buddy and me went to Continental Arms few weeks back just for kicks and now I am hooked. I'm looking to buy something of my own in the near future.

Anyone recommend me a decent Gun Shop in the Carroll County Area? Few friends recommended http://www.statelinegunexchange.com/. Anyone deal with them before?

I'm looking into a Springfield XD 9mm or perhaps a S&W M&P. Shot the Springfield last week and I liked it. Haven't tried the M&P yet.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    Welcome neighbor. For a gun store I trek over to Joppa and visit Dan of Gun Connection. I've driven past Duff's in Baltimore County off of Falls road near blackrock rd but never been there. Usually hit Walmart in Manchester for targets, ammo and cleaning supplies on my way to Hap Baker.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Welcome aboard sir!

Another plus 1 for Gun Connection. Not too bad a drive from Carroll County.

Maryland's Best Pawn on Rt 140 @ 91 next to Twin Kiss is pretty good and Joel will not gouge you. I've done transfers there with no problems and am always looking for a good Glock 19 but haven't found it yet.

AND there's homemade root beer at Twin Kiss. :D

n00b

Jul 21, 2010
    Welcome neighbor. For a gun store I trek over to Joppa and visit Dan of Gun Connection. I've driven past Duff's in Baltimore County off of Falls road near blackrock rd but never been there. Usually hit Walmart in Manchester for targets, ammo and cleaning supplies on my way to Hap Baker.

I've been to Duffies a few times. They did not seem very noob friendly and they had a very small selection for me to try in my hand.

I need someone to "sell" me, cause I really have no idea what I am looking for at this point.

Cis-Lunar

Jun 27, 2008
    i live in manchester and i would definately go to gun connection and make the drive or to 2A Sales in Jessup. I've been to a few of the places mentioned and would not go back. I know they are a hike for you but they both treated me well and not as condescending as some of the other shops not knowing a heck of a lot like me.

see:
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=40278

btw i shoot among other things an XD (45) as you mentioned in your post and would go to hap baker with you if you wanted to at a mutually friendly time...JD

Kashmir1008

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 21, 2009
    Carroll County
    Welcome to the forums and to CC - we have a pretty good group of active shooters in this area and we are often out at the Hap Baker range at the landfill. Keep an eye open for invites and events. We try to do general CC shoots every couple of months and meet new folks

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Welcome to the forum. I live right up the road in Manchester. As stated before Gun Connection and 2A sales are my preferred shops to do business. Hope to see you at Hap sometime. If you wanna shoot some Ar's or other rifles or glocks or FNP's let me know.

n00b

Jul 21, 2010
    I'm right off 27 in between westminster and manchester. Not really sure why they call it Hampstead; guess that is the only mail carrier that could find my house among the trees.

I'd love to hook up and try a glock or two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom