• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GBMaryland

Feb 23, 2008
    MoCo
    So I'm trying to determine how this would differ from my last (denied) application where I put "Self Defense and all lawful purposes?"

navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's
    So I'm trying to determine how this would differ from my last (denied) application where I put "Self Defense and all lawful purposes?"

As part of the original Woollard 365 who were eventually denied, I chewed on that question as well.

I resubmitted last week knowing full well that it may very well be denied, but that if I can go before the board and make a decent argument it may pan out. At the very least my intent is to get before them and make my case based on the "palpable need" argument as set out by the 4th in Woollard. I think that several others will have done the same before I get there so hopefully if they hear it enough they will dig in and try to encourage some change in the process at the MSP level.

I'm trying to be part of the solution instead of just bitching about the problem.

campns

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2013
    Germantown, MD
    I'm considering doing this myself, as I have my info on MSP as an instructor and other things... considering I had to turn in and surrender my PA CCW I think this is going to be my next route.

GBMaryland

Feb 23, 2008
    MoCo
    Yeah, I was part of the Woollard batch as well... So the question would come down to how well I can prep before the appeal.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    As part of the original Woollard 365 who were eventually denied, I chewed on that question as well.

I resubmitted last week knowing full well that it may very well be denied, but that if I can go before the board and make a decent argument it may pan out. At the very least my intent is to get before them and make my case based on the "palpable need" argument as set out by the 4th in Woollard. I think that several others will have done the same before I get there so hopefully if they hear it enough they will dig in and try to encourage some change in the process at the MSP level.

I'm trying to be part of the solution instead of just bitching about the problem.

And damn glad to see it!

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Considering my recent interview nothing has changed yet in regards to what people who have been approved have shared here. As far as cash deposits, that was steered to very quickly. It may not matter, but I was asked how much "cash" and what percent of my deposits are cash.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    And to think, we've been lead to think that "business currency" could include a check folded up in your wallet, or your business Visa used for any and all Realtor expenses you may incur.

Which is it?

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    And to think, we've been lead to think that "business currency" could include a check folded up in your wallet, or your business visa used for any and all Realtor expenses you may incur.

It was interesting in the DC permit thread a member pointed that cash was clearly specified as remarkable and (implied) required. Looks to me DC is tougher than Maryland and without Wrenn being upheld, forget about it.

divingraven

Apr 24, 2013
    Eastern Shore
    Considering my recent interview nothing has changed yet in regards to what people who have been approved have shared here. As far as cash deposits, that was steered to very quickly. It may not matter, but I was asked how much "cash" and what percent of my deposits are cash.

I had the same experience in my recent interview. The Sgt (not Knaub) was very specific about cash versus check deposits, how often they're made, etc.

Since none of that is in any statute, I think they just enjoy making it up as they go along, and using the flawed and outdated motto of "This is the way we've always done it."

david2260

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 7, 2012
    Ocean View DE

USAFRavenR6

Apr 7, 2012
    Mur-land
    Business currency in my eyes as a business owner would be checks, credit cards, as well as cash. Just because another step is required in the checks and credit card formats, should not mean that those methods are excluded. I have read where actual transactions are not needed and a account activity statement from the bank is all that is needed, showing that the account is active and valid. When I showed my deposit slips, it does not state if those were cash or checks, only that deposit amounts were made.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    What about a business that includes bartering or trade ins? That would be considered business currency if it in fact is used a means to purchase other goods or services as part of your normal course of business.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Business currency in my eyes as a business owner would be checks, credit cards, as well as cash. Just because another step is required in the checks and credit card formats, should not mean that those methods are excluded. I have read where actual transactions are not needed and a account activity statement from the bank is all that is needed, showing that the account is active and valid. When I showed my deposit slips, it does not state if those were cash or checks, only that deposit amounts were made.

You seem to be laboring under the impression that the nice MSP people will allow you to exercise your natural, civil and Constitutional right. Sorry, but thanks for playing - we'll cash your check in the morning...

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    I am curious if age matters at all. Does someone 55 - 70 have a better chance for a ccw permit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom