• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I have one and it's a fun little pinker. Seen tons of rounds with only one hiccup, that being a piece fell into the stock and was easily fixed by the awesome staff at engage.

Decent amount of FTE but that's from Walmart bulk crap so I can't bitch to bad.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I have the pistol version and it's a fun little plinker, like a .22 clone should be. It does have an annoying malfunction rate if I use bulk ammo but the good stuff like Mini-Mags runs flawlessly. I will put my opinion in now because I know there are going to be comments about these guns having alloy metal and this or that other .22 clone gun is better and.........yada yada. But bear in mind these are meant to be fun guns, not something to face the apocalypse with. I enjoy the heck out of shooting mine.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Looks like the mp40 will not be available until 2013. They are concentrating on the stg44 first. At a projected price of less than $450 for the mp40, I'll definately be buying!

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Looks like the mp40 will not be available until 2013. They are concentrating on the stg44 first. At a projected price of less than $450 for the mp40, I'll definately be buying!

So will I!!! Again you can PM tim at Hafers for more information. He sent me a couple PM's letting me know he has a few STG44's on order and was VERY good at getting back to me when I sent him responses.

I'm dying to get one or both hahaha.

Duck

Apr 11, 2012
    Baltimore
    I have one of the original GSG 5. The kids and myself have ran alot of ammo through it. The only problem we have had was with winchester. A few misfires, but that lot of ammo did the same thing in the 10/22 and SW. Handgun. We have ran subsonic,Target and high velocity REM and CCI with no problems. I have gotten some CCI AR tactical to try. They should do just fine. One thing you want to watch for is slamming the bolt off its holder. You can bend the alloy receiver. (SGN article) Good luck with your choice, I am on the list for an STG 44, can't wait!!

the Javid

Part time baby killer
    Mar 20, 2012
    Bowie
    I have an eotech on mine and it's a lazer at 50 yards. I use cci velocitors and have no malfunctions. Hkparts.net is where I get my parts.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Is the mock silencer built on to the gun to keep it from being an SBR?

Yes and no. The mock silencer is on there so that it doesn't look entirely too stupid with a 16 inc barrel.

If you unscrew the nock silencer the barrel is directly underneath. So its ment to hide the fact that those guns look dumb as hell not being SBR'ed

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    mpdc4511 said:
    Yes and no. The mock silencer is on there so that it doesn't look entirely too stupid with a 16 inc barrel.

If you unscrew the nock silencer the barrel is directly underneath. So its ment to hide the fact that those guns look dumb as hell not being SBR'ed

Unless you have the pistol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom