• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • midcountyg

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2009
    Preston, MD
    :mad54: I just got an email from Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore that said MSP has added the 22 ARs(which I already knew about) and the GSG5(which I had no idea about). I completely disagree with them being regulated, being they are functionally diferent and only 22lr.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    No, they didn't. As much as they would like to be able to, they can't just add a weapon to the list as it requires a rewrite of the MD code by the legislature. That did not happen. Here is the list: http://www.mdsp.org/downloads/assault_weapons.pdf

I know what your saying DD but they have in fact told the regulated dealers that the AR 22 as well as the GSG are considered regulated by them at this time. They have also warned of license revocation should any dealer not follow this policy of theirs. I personally saw the letter from the dealers association.

MauiWowie

I have the SIGness...
    Nov 23, 2008
    Harford Co.
    Wow that sucks I'm picking up my MP15-22 Friday and I thought it would be cash and carry so I could shoot it on Saturday

saltydog

Thank You NRA
    Feb 13, 2009
    The State of confusion
    Wow that sucks I'm picking up my MP15-22 Friday and I thought it would be cash and carry so I could shoot it on Saturday

Depending on where you buy your M&P 15-22? Some dealers sell them as un-regulated weapons, and some don't. I got mine two weeks ago and it was considered regulated. So I had to fill the forms out and wait a week.

saltydog

Thank You NRA
    Feb 13, 2009
    The State of confusion
    I know what your saying DD but they have in fact told the regulated dealers that the AR 22 as well as the GSG are considered regulated by them at this time. They have also warned of license revocation should any dealer not follow this policy of theirs. I personally saw the letter from the dealers association.

When I went to pick my M&P 15-22 up after the 7 day wait I was talking to the shop owner about this very thing. He was saying if these shops think it's considered regulated? They fill out the paperwork.

That list is nice, but these poor shop owners are so confused and intimidated about exactly what is and isn't regulated they have to cover their arse by having the buyer fill out paperwork. We can't blame the shop owners because of this confusing list (not that the list itself is confusing). Personally from what I've seen it's the GRAY area which is confusing and also apparently HUGE.

But according to this same owner the Maryland Attorney General is supposed to be reviewing their gun policy's and the .22 rifles some of these Laws affect. Could it be that the people doing the checking of the paperwork are complaining about the masses of papers flowing across their desk concerning .22 rifles?

What kicks me in the arse is how about all of these Air Rifles that look like the real McCoy? They aren't regulated? Why should a .22 be?

But then again I don't make the rules.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    If this isn't challenged and stopped, pretty soon ANY new weapon will be arbitrarily decreed as "regulated" by the MSP.

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    If this isn't challenged and stopped, pretty soon ANY new weapon will be arbitrarily decreed as "regulated" by the MSP.

Exactly. This is a case of the MSP legislating from the Krispy Kreme, and that just isn't cool. It is going to take someone with some money to take them to court.

shadow116

2nd Class Citizen
    Feb 28, 2008
    Emmitsburg
    A bigger threat from the MSP is on the horizon. There has been talk of the MSP going after dealers who have sold these "regulated weapons" but do not have a Regulated Firearms Dealers license.

rondon600

Mar 16, 2009
    Where does the AK47 .22 made by GSG stand in all this?

Im surprised they have not regulated all the airsoft HK MP5s that are full auto!

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Soooooo

would that make the "Safir arms T-14 shotgun" regulated also, without going into the Saiga discussion?

t14-1.jpg

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    Instead of complaining why don't these "poor shop owners" take some freakin initiative and send in a schematic of the .22's in question and look alike to prove that they are functionally different.

saltydog

Thank You NRA
    Feb 13, 2009
    The State of confusion
    Where does the AK47 .22 made by GSG stand in all this?

Im surprised they have not regulated all the airsoft HK MP5s that are full auto!

The AK you are referring to (the Bad arsed .22 Caliber weapon that it is) is also a REGULATED Firearm in Maryland. There will soon be more regulated guns than there are non-regulated ones.

The thing that gets me is the clerical people working for the MSP (The people who actually have to deal with the paperwork and have to do the actual Work) complain about all of this extra paperwork. But it's the higher up's with the MSP who don't have to deal with all of this extra paperwork are the very one's that keep adding these guns to the Regulated list causing more paperwork. I'm beginning to wonder with a chain of command like this.......Do they work for the Federal Government? I thought only the Feds were this messed up?:D

The Federal State of Maryland......Just what is so damn Merry about it anyhow?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nestor875

Latest threads

Top Bottom