• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ews25

Apr 21, 2013
    People's Republic of PG
    A friend and I were thinking about trying our hands at ducks this fall, but we don't have blinds, dogs, or much of anything else but shotguns. Any Maryland, Delaware, or Virginia outfitters/guides on here?

lax

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Baldwin
    Black Duck Outfitters, my group has used them for snow geese and will be using thing for sea duck as well this season.

Song Dog

Jan 2, 2013
    Eastern Shore -Delmarva
    Strongly suggest try MOGA web site for MD outfitters guides association for waterfowl guides and/or chesapeake forum on duck hunter.net web site

The best puddle duck guide in MD is Quaker Neck run by Tyler Johnson on Langford Creek outside Chestertown but if you want diver ducks let me know best guide for them in Trappe MD

lax

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Baldwin
    In the last few years or earlier when Scott ?? owned/ran Blackduck Outfitters ?

The last few years.

this was last year
    2013-02-16165930_zps60417996.jpg

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    In the last few years or earlier when Scott ?? owned/ran Blackduck Outfitters ?

What's your experience both before & after? I have no experience with this or any other group, but also have a group that may be looking to take some shots.

buzzsaw

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2013
    Hagerstown
    I could possibly put you in touch with my younger brother. He's a very avid hunter on his own, not a guide (so probably no cost to you) but he might be willing to take someone new to the sport out to one of his less honey-pot spots for a chance at some ducks. Shoot me a PM if you're interested and I'll see if he's willing and able, and if/when he has time.

Song Dog

Jan 2, 2013
    Eastern Shore -Delmarva
    What's your experience both before & after? I have no experience with this or any other group, but also have a group that may be looking to take some shots.

Blackduck Outfitters was sold several years ago as heard many sad stories about the previous owner (Scott ?) The new owner had so much to overcome so seems to have succeeded. :thumbsup:

http://mdoga.org/html/members/outfitters.html

If ya want to chase ducks highly recommend these guys

Fly by Island Outfitter - Bo Kennedy

Diving Ducks (LT) Lawrence Tyler

Quaker Neck Gun Club -Tyler Johnson

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    After looking through a half dozen or so guide/outfitter websites, guided duck hunts seem to go for anywhere from $150-$250 per hunter. Is this like a lot of things, where you get what you pay for, and if you go for the lower end of the price spectrum, you shouldn't be surprised to get a less-than-satisfactory experience?

Also, what's the best sort of duck hunting experience for someone who's never been. (Other than "hitting a duck.")

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom